Cannot boot to SuSE 10.2 after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Hi! I am just installing openSuSE 10.2 in my pc and got stuck!! Please help :confused:

I installed the os successfully in my pc and it needed to restart the machine. When I restarted and went to verbose mode, something bad happened after usb detection. It is the agpgart that halted the booting. I am posting the pic right below...

*img75.imageshack.us/img75/3715/dsc00104lu1.th.jpg

My system configuration is given below:

P4 1.8GHz with sse, sse2 and NO HT
Asrock Mobo intel 845 P4i45GV
1.25 GB RAM, nVidia geforce fx 5200 agp,
samsung syncmaster 17"

praka123

left this forum longback
do u have memory allocated for onboard gfx and do u want to use it?

if not,i can see u got a nvidia agp card-which needs drivers downloaded from their site or rpms may be available.
also if there is a provision in BIOS,disable onboard card.select ur agp card.

u may be able to get kde/gnome if /etc/X11/xorg.conf device edited to "vesa" driver for now.then download or install nvidia-legacy drivers for ur card.
and remove anything plugged in usb port while booting!
also hope u have a swap partition too.

Last edited:
OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
IS there any method to disable the agpgart:mad: :mad: at boot?? It is good to stpo agpgart at boot.

Also want to start the nVidia driver and agp support at the boot. How is this possible?

praka123

left this forum longback
firstly try to get booted into runlevel 1 by appending "1" or "single" in the kernel line of GRUB.while in bash prompt,edit the xorg.conf file for video driver as "vesa'.
BTW,i googled and it seems to be a bug.better help can be expected in suse forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom