Can you play DVD movies by CDRom??

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
*www.spacespider.net/sigs/sigs_mood_067.gif

U r killin me, maaan.... there is no way u can play a DVD on a CD drive... emulator or not...

Why the hell do u think they made DVD drives for???!!!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
U can rip the DVD using DVDShrink, cut it into 700 mb sections and burn them on CD. Then u can play the DVD using the CD. Full DVD quality video and sound!

maVen

Broken In
man.........thts way too lame dude...
there is nothin in the world tht can enable a CD rom to play a DVD...
A DVD is totally a different thing dude...
well kalpik in order to rip a DVD u atleast need a DVD-ROM...
read the question dude...lol

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Oh that u need to rip it obviously! But u can rip it at a friend's place! (thats what my friend does at my pc! hehe)

Just thought of sharing this! No offence meant to anyone dude!

SHell

Broken In
There is no way by which you can read dvd by using Cd-rom.

Apart from the capacity that varies b/w dvd and cd, the formats of
cd and dvd are completely different.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bro let me make it Simple ..can you make tea With Cofee Beans ???? inspite of Other ingediants being same The Tea leaves gives the Mixture of Milk,Water and Suger ..the Flavour of tea ..where as Cofee Beans give it Flavour of Cofee....Thus CD Rom's Laser Cannot read DVD's...so in short you cannot play DVD's on CD Rom..even a Emulator wont work...coz to Emulate a DVD you need to put it in a DVD ROM Drive.....Ok ... ;)

hack expert

In the zone
well dude they both work on different wavelengths so it`s impossible max... ucan do is rip the movies in 700 mb chunks with out loss in quality as suggested u get many softwares to do dat
but u`ll need a dvd rom n then u can burn the chunks on a cd ang view it

medigit

In the zone
i am not too sure but i believe i read it somewhere that by reducing the aperture of the CD lens DVDs can be read but it is only applicable to certain CD writers.

bharat_r

In the zone
The light from a DVD laser has a wavelength of 640 nanometers where the light from a
CD laser is 780 nanometers.

If u could reduce the wavelength of light from CD laser to 640 nm by some methord u can make CD-Rom Drives to read DVDs.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
OHH! How much times will we have to discuss this.
One thread was too funny also, search for the same.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom