can we upload music from tape recorder to pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParadoX

Right off the assembly line
guys,
can anyone suggest me a software to upload music from a tape recorder to a pc? please give me instructions or weblinks , how to do it.
i am using a 60 watt sony cfs1050s

wORm

Journeyman
MusicMatch Jukebox can record from the soundcard to mp3. Just connect the line-out of your tape player to the line-in of your comp and you are all set to start recording.

girish_b

Journeyman
download Audiograbber v1.70 build 2 with this code
Code:
*netvision.tucows.com/files/agsetup.exe
help
*www.trustmeher.net/freeware/audio.htm

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well digit gave the full procedure in one of their earlier issues dont remember which. y dont u look into the cd of june 03 which had all the previous issues in the digital format and u might b able to get the proper procedure

sohummisra

Broken In
yeah all you need is to get that line in-line out cable. its a cable that has the (in laymans terms) earphone plug on both ends. :D. after that you can use any software (i prefer musicmatch jukebox) that supports sound recording, and just set the input to line-in recording.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe Audition) is well-suited to convert analog music into digital format (cassette to CD) ;) .

curvenger

Broken In
Yeah line in-out to your tape and connected to your sound card with the other pin, you can use soundforge, Cool Edit, Musicmatch.. but i recommended cool edit, coz u can edit and make changs to the sound file easily!

wORm

Journeyman
ParadoX, I don't know what the "technical term" is for the cable, but if you tell an audio guy to get you a "single-to-double" cable, he'll get you a cable with a headphone size pin on one end and two standard auxillary pins on the other end. Also insist on a stereo cable and avoid the mono version.

girish_b, the wattage of the source (in this case 60 watts) doesn't matter, as we are transferring un-amplified sound. We can expect good quality reproduction of sound, provided that the source recording is good.

technomodel

Journeyman
i prefer audio maestro by Tobest software. It has features similar to Audition, but it has an added cool feature i could'nt find in audition. It gives you a recording option where u can play the tape and leave it by itself, it will autodetect pauses between songs and start a new file accordingly. This saves you from clicking the 'stop' button every 3-4 minutes, or end up with a 1 gb file with nothing but garbage at the end. :)
but it will work smoothly if you have 256mb or more ram.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
But use this as your last resort, cuz the soubd quality isn't exactly that good. But still a good way of experimenting with audio and stuff.

silly_kash

Broken In
don't worry if u can't find the cable!!

just go to your neighbourhood tv repair shop and buy 2 pins and wire to suit ur needs and tell him to solder it!! i got my 3 metre cable for rs 15!!

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman

There is no need to download any third party software.If you use Windows XP just by using Windows Movie Maker which is installed by default u can record audio from ur audio system in WMA Format.Connect the Headphone outlet of your player to the line in port of your soundcard by using a mala-male cable.The recording quality is great.you can select as high a bitrate as you like.

pantheratigris

Broken In
I first did this about 3 years ago. I had taken a walkman. Connected the line out jack(headphone socket) to the line in(mic) at the back of your PC cabinet. Then i played the songs on the walkman, recorded the songs on the sound recorder in windows. Then i saved it as a .wav file. Then using a software known as dBPowerAmp music converter i converted the files from .wav to .mp3. You can also use Windows Media Encoder to convert to .wma format which is as good as mp3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom