Can U review My Webiste

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
I am 17 years and i have created a website of my fathers company.

I wanted to get suggestion, advice, improvisation adn etc from you but i am not doin it for advertisement. I said this becoz u make a big prob of this

Smitra Enterprises

prasad_den

Padawan
Thiis is my non-technical review of your site:

I should say Neat Work..Simple, with no unnecessary graphics or text.. Site loads up very fast..! However, a few colours would make the site look better.
And in the About Us page, you could highlight your dad's name better..! Finally, in the dealers page, try giving complete addresses of dealers, rather than just their names..!! Good job...! Now ask your dad to publicise it by printing the www address in all your office stationery.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Yes as Prasad said non-technically sites open very fast

but as per my view
Site Looks very very simple
Desing must be improved

also please dont use frames instead use DIV tags or Tables

Pat

Beyond Smart
scrolling and frames dont look good! Scrolling in the left frame needs to be worked upon..instead of using plain bullet like images, you can make use of light graphics to make it more attractive!

din

Tribal Boy
Considering your age and experience, this is really good work. However some suggestions form my side to improve.

1. Frames - Never use em, thats toooo old.

2. Use some stylesheets on the left links, that will make em look cool.

3. You can give thin black border (again, stylesheet is better) to the pics in the 'about us' page

4. Header is plain, I mean it is not bad, but you can try improving graphics, I mean header part.

Please do not think I was criticizing you, was just suggesting.

Overall it is really simple n neat.

OP
D

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
what are the alternatives for frames and i am thinking of upgrading this site to that of flash based and thanks for ur comments i would take them seriously in my summer vacations

prasad_den

Padawan
I would advise you to avoid flash for your site...!! I personally hate flash based sites. It takes up too much time to load.. and might tax lesser systems. If you still have to, then keep it to a minimum.

OP
D

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Bumping !!!

I have updated the site Here.

Heres the old one SMITRA ENTERPRISES - Brings you range of Products

Please tell me any suggestions or changes to be done.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
First, in a norma CRT 14" screen when ur site loads, it only shows the nuts and bolts pic. The user (without scrolling) doesn't even get a hint that there are actually something below. Any chance of resizing the pic, so that a few lines of text is visible in normal monitors?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Yeah agree with what he says, that pic needs to be small, also you can use a different pic for every section and keep it wrapped with text like in a news paper. But be careful with that implementation , it can look ugly if not implemented properly.

Or you can do something like this, screen-shot from a site I designed few years ago

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4799266806_142c5d008e_b.jpg

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
First, in a norma CRT 14" screen when ur site loads, it only shows the nuts and bolts pic. The user (without scrolling) doesn't even get a hint that there are actually something below. Any chance of resizing the pic, so that a few lines of text is visible in normal monitors?
It is good that I have a larger monitor. :)

Top Bottom