can this harm my router

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
I am using Bsnl broadband. and with the Hauwei MT882 router. I usually use this for 5hrs in day and nearly 7hrs in night. Could it harm it by Usiing it for such a long time. It generally gets much hot. Please suggest how much time should i use it to make it long lasting without any problem.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You can use it for as long as you want and there won't be any problems. In fact it's designed to be on permanently. Even if something goes wrong, BSNL will replace it for you.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drvarunmehta said:
You can use it for as long as you want and there won't be any problems. In fact it's designed to be on permanently. Even if something goes wrong, BSNL will replace it for you.

Even after one year? I thought their warranty was for one year only!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
If you have bought it, then they probably won't replace it.
But nothing will happen to it even if you use it continuously for a week. I have neve heard of a router getting spoiled because of heat.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drvarunmehta said:
If you have bought it, then they probably won't replace it.
But nothing will happen to it even if you use it continuously for a week. I have neve heard of a router getting spoiled because of heat.

Yes, they wont replace it after one year but though it gets very hot within minutes, does not seem to develop problems.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
They won't replace one that is bought after one year but the rented one will be replaced even after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom