Can thinkdigit load faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
This forum loads very slow for me at office. I tried both the forum themes but it takes lot of time. The archive interface loads very fast but doesnt have much usabality as I cannot reply to the messages, is there any other methods to speedup digit in IE 7 or any settings in User CP? Pls donot suggest using alrernate browsers.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
may be you have a very slow connection at your office. With Dataone Home 500 connection, thinkdigit.com and the forum load very fast in my computer. In fact it is one of the fastest to load.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes even I use Dataone at home and no problem with that. Our internet link is very fast ( for office work ) but not when browsing. I just wanted to know if digit can provide a super lightweight skin. I have tried other display modes but with not much help. Most of the BW is taken by the backgroung images of of posts and replies. I only read and reply to the posts so jazzy wazzy javascript stuff is not needed for me.

praka123

left this forum longback
infact site is fast.but forum does gets hang in a daily/weekly manner and sometimes it is severe?

slugger

Banned
u cud use firefox and block all images on d forum, u will get archive like feel [almost], but wtih ability 2 reply;)

btw duz d forum use js, dint kno:confused:

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Look carefully at my post... this problem is in my office, and I cannot install firefox (infact anything ) without permission else im screwed :mad: , I have even dissabled avatars and sigs. and even images doesnt load as imageshack and other imagehosting sites are totally blocked, and even many links posted by the members are blocked :mad:, thats why you might see me asking for quotes from links. ;)

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
OffLine:

################### A FEEDBACK#############
i love digit forum.. In hutch gprs slow speed connection also it takes me less then 30 sec to open and start using this forum through my n80i.. i lve this forum.. and cheers to people behind it making it so lite.. thANX

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ If my boss reads this thread then im screwed , and worse digit forum might be blocked :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom