Can somebody tell me what is the problem with my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
i updated my Cyrix 667 to a New Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz with 256MB RAM and my system gives the blue screen error in XP and "a fatal exeption OE a has occured in 0028:FF0BF4A the system needs to be restarted" in Windows 98.. this problem usually occurs when i run any game e.g. "Need for speed Underground" or "Fifa any Version".. or in any game...
and also when i use the system for a long period of time like 2-4 hrs... my vendor has changed my RAM and Motherboard but still it happens... even they told me to see wether there is any software problem or not.. and i even got checked it with my freinds P4.. and those games were working perfectly from my Hardisk.... can anyone help me out of this please...... :(
:cry:

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
i am assuming u havent changed ur hdd .

- did u reformat and reinstall windows after installing the new motherboard with all its drivers ?

Sourabh

Laptoping
lol

i feel its RAM RAM RAM RAM RAM!!
RAM dillema again !!
siince he has changed it n check i m not sure but i feel RAM is the culprit here
wait for other ppl to post

OP
prateek_san

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
i reinstalled all 98 and Xp both with all its Drivers.......and about the i also changed to 128 Mb but still its the same..

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
try these

- change the cmos battery . some batteries just drain while in storage .
- clear bios and choose optimal settings . check if hdd is set with lba option .

- run system on minimum . remove all devices which rnt important . eg cdrom drive , floppy , modem , network card etc and run the system and see . if it works well add each device one at a time and check to see if u get the errors

- switch the ide cables and run hdd from secondary . check ur hdd manufacteres site for disk manager and run the surface scan with their utilit . eg samsung has hutil and shdiag . check the utility for ur hdd and model .

- if u have the option check the cpu temperature . install 2 fans one in front(bottom) and one at rear(top) of the cabinet

- see if there is an update for ur bios in manufacturers site . keep this as last option only

- try as best to recreate the problem and isolate each device and software . will be tiresome process , but will really helpful in the end

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hmm.... may be IRQ conflict.....

see if any two devices are sharing the same IRQ ...

..:: peace::..
Jeba

[flAsh]

In the zone
u havn't mentioned whether u hav onboard vga?? any way IRQ conflict may b a reason but b sure 2 use latest mobo chipset and vga drivers. also check ur pc temperature after using it 4 2-3 hrs

VD17

Journeyman
ok.. this was anticipated...
anyway, I'M the "friend" on whose P4 he tested the HDD and the games. I had run the games right off his HDD without any problems... which prolly means that the HDD is not at fault. His vendor had changed the motherboard and RAM.. so its unlikely that the new RAM also has problems in it. Now as for the IRQ clashes, havent checked 'em out yet.
Yes, he has onboard VGA... Intel Extreme Graphics [motherboard is based on Intel 845GV chipset].

medpal

Medic on Call!!
i think the sound card is the culprit here.

if its an onboard sound card and the card can not support the sound input of the game.

reinstall the drivers of the sound card (most likely smwdm.sys / .exe) i had the same problem with the sound cards and if i am not missing this problem was my first post in this forum.

so look for the hint on the error message may be it will indicate a file name.

also post your hijackthis log file for the experts here, who may help you.

VD17

Journeyman
checked his sys again...
the memory ranges of the processor, Graphics system and soundcard do not match with the memory address given in the error....

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- if u have his m/b cd , uninstall and reinstall the devices .
- try this , if u disable onboard sound in m/b , boot , restart and reenable it , check if it works . if so just remove the devices giving the error from device manager and restart so that its all detected again .
- in the bios if u have an option "assign irq to vga" , try enabling it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom