Can PCI Graphic card boost the graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I have Intel 1.5 GHz CPU & Intel 845GLLY motherboard with 384MB(PC 133) RAM. My motherboard haven't AGP slot. So I am thinking to buy PCI graphic card. Can PCI Graphic card boost the graphics ? If it is suggest nice card around 6K.

Geforce

Journeyman
:arrow: Installing a PCI graphic card will surely boost the graphics but it is not recommended at all.

:!: Firstly it costs a lot more as compared to its AGP version and secondly it won't give you the performance of AGP one.

:idea: I am guesing you have initial Pentium 4 w/ socket 423. Even if change your motherboard to AGP slot one and buy a new grahpics card, the memory interface of SDRAM will become a bottleneck in games. So you could consider another version of 845 chipset that supports DDR RAM but now you will have to change the RAM as well. So it is not justified to spend so much money upgrading on this system. :-(

:arrow: If you have cash then try and upgrade the core system to an P4 2.8 and above or AMD64 one. I know this doesn't sound too good in economic terms.

:arrow: If you really are low on cash and cannot upgrade your core system then there is a PCI version of GeForce Fx5200 available (well under 6k). It will let you RUN all the games albeit at low resolutions and low settings of games.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
hey the intel 845 doesnt hv a pci e slot then where are ya gonna put the card . or or oor
are u buying a new rig ...man you got me all confused and stuff EXPLAIN

imjimmy

Broken In
What are the budget PCI e graphic cards for an intel mobo 915 GAV- since this does not support AGP.

I would be looking at some very cheap option which is enough for some medium quality games(no high end stuff) and has a nice DVI output for the LCD..

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
sagsall4u said:
hey the intel 845 doesnt hv a pci e slot then where are ya gonna put the card . or or oor
are u buying a new rig ...man you got me all confused and stuff EXPLAIN

huh ? Dude...this is a PCI slot not a PCI-E :roll: read properly what he says. Its rare to find mobos without a PCI slot nowadays and I am pretty sure the 845 chipset has PCI slots mate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom