Can Nokia 3120 be used as a modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolgreen

Right off the assembly line
Hi to every1 here!
I have a nokia 3120 and i want it to use it to connect to the internet via Datatcable(Dku-5)? Is that possible? If so, plz let me know from where can i download the neccesary drivers. :cry:

choudang

Padawan
NO..... NEVER

have you seen the access point or connectivity setting in the phone? N3120 is only GPRS enable; means you can surf in the phone.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hey i too own a 3120.. i bought a data cable sterday and tried to transfer midi files in frm my PC.. it was successfully done.. but the prob is some files xceed 20KB.. but these files are not playin in my Phone.. but other Midi files <20KB plays fine..

wats the reason behind it..

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Coolgreen said:
Hi to every1 here!
I have a nokia 3120 and i want it to use it to connect to the internet via Datatcable(Dku-5)? Is that possible? If so, plz let me know from where can i download the neccesary drivers. :cry:

3120 does not have in-built modem ... so, It cant be used with the computer.

Take 3200 atleast.

dreams said:
Hey i too own a 3120.. i bought a data cable sterday and tried to transfer midi files in frm my PC.. it was successfully done.. but the prob is some files xceed 20KB.. but these files are not playin in my Phone.. but other Midi files <20KB plays fine..

Yes .. this prob arises .. only small files go with it ..
the midi file's size depends on the detail of the sound in the file..
even the .amr format is not playable in the 3120

OP
C

Coolgreen

Right off the assembly line
Is there any way i can use my 3120 as a modem? Any external hardware or something......... ?

choudang

Padawan
Coolgreen said:
Is there any way i can use my 3120 as a modem? Any external hardware or something......... ?

you are lost in the sky dude... no way.......... if want to have a modem enable phone... search it in NOKIA/LG/SAMSUNG......

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
dreams said:

Bcoz Nokia 3120 supports only 4-chord polyphonic ringtones.
U can reduce no. of instruments in the MIDI files using PC Suite or PSM Player, then it'll properly play in 3120 :D

Nokia 3120 only supports polyphonic rinftones, so it can't support AMR files...

KoRn

In the zone
hey can u surf from the nokia 7610 cuz i use smart moblile sevice and there is no grps and all in dis service so u mean if i connect via data cable and i go to web on the phone i can surf!!!???? wow dats cool no drivers needed???!!! cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom