Can ne1 help me outaa dis !!..plz help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Here is what happend yesterday !!

1) I had XP SP2 installed and my PC config is as follows : 40 GB hdd 3 partitions (C,D,E, C-11GB, D-13GB, E-13GB )..C: drive had the OS installed

2) When i startd my PC, it made a reboot as soon as the XP loading screen shows up and this continued.

3) Tried re-installing XP SP2 in c: but nthng workd out !!

4) Then opted to make a clean format of C: but in that case had to save some precious data first. I ws sre that smthng serious hd occured nd to make sure that the daa ws intact i tried KNOPPIX live cd and found data contents present. So that relievd me a bit.

5) Next i had to copy over that data into D: drive and then format C:

6) Couldnt do this from KNOPPIX hence tried recovery console. but d commands dint seem to work..errors nd errors all d way ..

7) Without takin any risk i took my hdd to a frnd's place, connctd as a slave nd tried copyin c: drive contents but there it said " This disk is not formatted, do you want to format it now?"...Clicked NO..then tried up with chkdsk /P...the check ws OK...the drive did open up nw BUT MY c: drive which ws earlier of 11 GB is nw 10 MB..:mad: ..used-1MB free-9MB...wher's my data gone..??..

8) I thought of connectin d hdd into my pc nd den tryin smthng out, Nw i'v installed XP SP2 in D: drive but still my c: drive shows 10 MB capacity and when i open it up it is all empty. Am sure that the data still exists on d HDD...i just dont knw how to recover it ..

9) nd yes i remeber i had deleted "system volume information" folder yesterday. did this turn out bad or the problem is smthng else??

I did receive one r two blue screen errors as well..

The data in my c: drive is really imp for me. So if ne1 f u could please help me recover the contents i will be thankful to you

Any kindaa help help appreciated.

Am sure i'll get a solution to this in this forum..

and yes...WINDOWS XP S***S !!!!...:mad: :mad: :mad:

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
you can copy the contents all right.

create a FAT32 partition if you already don't have. then using the Knoppix CD, copy-paste the files/folders to the FAT32 drive. you're done.

and yes
If Windows XP sucks, then why the hell are you using it ?

Last edited:
OP
akshaykapoor_3

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
@techtronic

If you were intelligent enough then i dont think you would have asked this...BEfore using anythng CAN YOU know if it would work out or not..??...if yes then i apologize bein here amongst worlds greatest techies like you...!!!!

@abhi.eternal

No i dont see the files anymore !!..C: drive is just 10 MB!!!!!...i fail to understand wher's the data gone..!

Hope this will help you clear up with my prob !!

*img516.imageshack.us/img516/4305/screenqd0.th.jpg

Last edited:

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
are you able to use XP? if yes try using some good file recovery softwares like 'Recover My Files' or 'PC Inspector File Recovery'.

OP
akshaykapoor_3

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
chesss said:
Exactly why coudln't you copy?

It just denied when i tried to mover some files from my c: drive to d: drive...May be because i ws using a LIVE cd...!

@abhi.eternal

Yes i had to install XP again(I never wanted to) in my d: drive so that i could try out smthng to get my files back !

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
akshaykapoor_3 said:
@techtronic

If you were intelligent enough then i dont think you would have asked this...BEfore using anythng CAN YOU know if it would work out or not..??...if yes then i apologize bein here amongst worlds greatest techies like you...!!!!

Being a novice in XP, don't just put down your words.
If you are experiencing a problem, try to find a solution or atleast ask for it ?
Instead of that, you jump from the top and say XP sucks.
You go and delete some folder whose purpose you don't know.

By the way everyone is a learner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom