Can I use my SE W810i in USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi,

I have to come to USA on a long term (1 year) for office work along with my immediate family in november this year. All this while I was using a SE W810i walkman phone in India which I bought in late 2006. On enquiring about cell phones here, I found that unlocked phones are very expensive and you have to take a phone with contract (say 1 yr or 2 yrs) if you want cheap solutions. I am not in the mood of parting with my W810i. Providers here are Sprint, AT & T, Verizon Wireless etc.

My question is, will I be able to use this phone here in USA and also get a US local number to use with this phone? I heard that all quad-band phones are compatible with mobile networks in USA. I am not sure whether my phone is quad-band or not, well actually I forgot.

Thanks for listening.

K

krazyfrog

W810i is a Quad Band phone. Which means it supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz frequencies. See if any of the operators support any of there frequencies. I believe they should, probably the 850 one.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes as krazy said w810i is a quad band phone and will work in the US. most of the operators there use either 850 or 1900mhz band for operation.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I used my K750i in US without any problems. W810i is also a 4-band phone like K750i. So you will also have no problems.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
k750i is a triband gsm phone. it doesn't support 850mhz. but i guess most of the gsm operators haf switched over to 1900mhz. so it'll work there widout any probs :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Oops! My mistake K750i is indeed Triband phone. I had no problems with Cingular (now taken over by AT&T network).

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
gauravakaasid said:
OT: ^^Holy cow! already moved over to the US of A??

Off-topic discussion:

Hold it...hold it. ;) I myself did not know until the 3 days before my departure. :rolleyes: Coming back during the pujas. Will discuss then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom