CAN I USE MY MOBILE AS MODEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hi gys a couple of months back i saw a man connecting his mobile to laptop and surfing the net.I think he had reliance handst.I have SE k700i with TRUMP as sim card.Can i use my mob in similar way?

S

sportymaniac

k700 can be used as a modem but i dont think ur sim card will support it.go for a airtel postpaid.

mrao

Broken In
The k700i works quite well as a gprs modem...you need to get the following things in place first

1) Activate full WEB gprs..not WAP ( I believe this is available through MTNL...im not sure if its available on prepaid...but it certainly is on postpaid)

2) Install the PC Suite that is on the CD that came with the k700 ..on your PC...the CD will also have the drivers necesary to use the phone as a modem

3) Get a Bluetooth dongle OR a SE USB cable. You need this to connect the PC to the phone. I recommend the dongle..Get a Billionton or Microsim dongle...it shouldnt cost moe than 600 to 800 rs.

Once these 3 items are in place...you are ready to start connecting to the internet using your k700 as a modem

fakkadbaba

Broken In
I have nokia 3230 with gprs activated on BSNL postpaid connection. I am able to hook on to internet on my laptop through nokia ps suite when connected with data cable. plz tell me will i be paying anything extra for internet usage other than than my usual GPRS connection charges ech month????? Well, when access internet on mobile only (through Opera mini browser, I think I don't !!!!

fakkadbaba said:
I have nokia 3230 with gprs activated on BSNL postpaid connection. I am able to hook on to internet on my laptop through nokia ps suite when connected with data cable. plz tell me will i be paying anything extra for internet usage other than than my usual GPRS connection charges ech month????? Well, when access internet on mobile only (through Opera mini browser, I think I don't !!!!
a stitch in time saves nine

Last edited:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Yup, u need to change to airtel or idea postpaid.
Also there is no need to install the whole pc suite, just add the modem drivers.
Opt to connect thru a data cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom