Can i use a web cam during chatting on dial-up connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
yes u can use :D i have used it.. in yahoo jus click on web cam.. it will ask an option as dial up/DSL/.. select dial up.. ull get it thro :D in msn u can view it.. but u cant keep da cam on for both da messengers.. only one can run at a time.. regardless if its a broadband or dial up..

tuxfan

Technomancer
It will work, but the picture will be very jerky. You will not get a clean movie like experience.

Tech&ME

Banned
Yes ofcourse you can use it if u install it correctly and configure it correctly in your IM ( whichever IM ) u are using. You will not get a fast referesh rate with a dial-up connection, only the picture will move too slowly, but u can still use it.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
tuxfan said:
It will work, but the picture will be very jerky. You will not get a clean movie like experience.

wel.. i dont see all broadbands have the capacity to give movie like display of CAM.. infact u go to RELIANCE WEB WORLD (high class DSL) but then even when only one or two ppl r using the comp u try doin web cam chattin in IM its not too continous... :?

devil666

Broken In
i think you can use it very conveniently on a dialup connection. i've a logitech quickcam and it was very good. even with both the cams on, it gives a really good frame rate. i'm not sure if i can say the same about the other webcam because they tell me that this is quickcam is optimised for IM experience. i dont know how true is that. but i'm very satisfied with the frame rate. but msn truly sucks. it slowls things down drastically sometimes even logging u out. so stick to yahoo.

i've used webcams in sify iways. the experience is really good. they use a lot of bandwidth but the motion seems really smooth. about 2.5 frames/sec. and on msn even better.

hpotter606

Journeyman
You can use webcam but it will be very slow. I have logitch webcam but ebcam doesnt matter. With a dial up it really sucks. But it doesnt matter if you eager to see the person you want to talk or he is a close relative of yours.(That was the case with me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom