Can I share my Windows MCE 2005 original CD with some else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hi guys!

First let me tell following is only for general knowledge and nothing else bcoz I was very curious to know about it!

I want to know that If I got Original Windows XP edition and I give it to someone else then will he be able to d/l all the updates and other things from Microsoft site, which r available only for genuine users?

If not then will me too not able to d/l them?

Actually I got Windows MCE 2005 Original version and installed it and its working fine and I'm able to d/l updates for genuine users onlt.

I was also able to install IE7 BETA w/o ne problem and it completed the validation successfully!

So now I want to know If I give some1 my CD and he installed it on his comp, then what will happen?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
no dude .. windows uses a smart user activation technique .. u can only activate windows on a single pc (for single user editons and not corporate) at a time. the windows activation process generates an installation id using very fine details of the hardware installed on your system and then accordingly activates your pc. even if u change some major components of your hardware like your graphics card , hard disk etc then windows will again prompt you to get your copy activated again. and ya even if you and your friend have the EXACTLY same configuration .. then also you will not be able to share your copy with him as it checks the serial numbers of your hardware .

see more about Windows XP Product Activation HERE

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
And If he installs my MCE on his comp and if activates it using some c***k available on net, then what will happen?

In that condition can I continue using MCE and ableto d/l all those contents for genuine user only?

Or Microsoft will rectify that 2 ppl r using same edition?

theraven

Technomancer
im not quite sure why this thread got locked .. so i wont open it..
the discussion was within legal limits since he wasnt askin for a crack only askin what will happen iff

anywho .. with the smart user activation if MS comes to know ur sharing ur product key , it'll be blacklisted and then ur ORIGINAL VERSION will be considered PIRATED ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom