Can I Recover Data From Formatted Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dikudik

Journeyman
Hi,

Wed Aug 11 2004, i lost my important accounting data which i have feeded in tally 4.5 i have simple machine IBM 486 , I HAVE FORMATTED HARD DISK AND RE LOAD ALL THE PROGRAMME WIN-95 ETC.. AS I REALISED NOW I HAVE NO BACKUP OF MY ACCOUNTING DATA CAN ANY BODY TELL ME IS IT POSSIBLE TO RECOVER DATA FROM THIS FORMATTED HARD DISK , BASIC MACHINE IS WIN-95 AND 16 MB RAM OR CAN ANY BODY TELL ME IS THERE ANY SOFTWARE WHICH DOES THIS TYPE OF WORK . FOR U'R INF. HARD DISK IS JUST 540 MB

PLZ.............................................
HELP...................................
:x

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Try 'Recover 4 All', 'File Recovery for Windows'. d00d, do a google search! u'll find more answers than u'll get from here.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well after a format i dont think any software would possibly recover any software as the software try to access the system registry before restoring a particular thing but since u have formatted it completely i dont think it will trace the deleted stuff.anyways u can still try for the recovery.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Data recovery software doesn't recover data by looking at the registry. It searches for data that is present on the disk but is not listed in the FAT (File Allocation Table).

walking-techie

Journeyman
data recovery from a formatted hdd is very mcuh possible, however no guarantee that relevant required data will be recovered u cannot recover specific data .. the recovery s/w will recover whatever it is able to recover

hope u get wat u want .. keep fingers crossed ..

Root

Right off the assembly line
Buddy, There is very less chance to get your data back. So don't waste trying to recover it instead try rearranging it for youself from else where, Keep trying ..... It might help you...

shehan9999

Broken In
well i formated one my partitions and using PC Inspector File Recovery i was able to recover some of the files that were on that partition.
the s/w will also indicate how good the chances are of recovering that file.
i got it from one of the digit cd's

correct me if i'm wrong:
when u delete/format a file, that file is not physically removed from the disk, instead the entry for that file is removed from the file allocation table. So unless some new files are written/stored onto the blocks where that deleted file is stored it is still possible to recover it.

technomodel

Journeyman
well, if you have performed a full format i dont think that u have any chance of recovereing ur data, coz it fills ur hd with zeroes, ie the data are physically removed.. but there is a chance if u have performed a quick format. Try the recovery softwares.

EinSTeiN

Broken In
Your chances to recover you data is slim, anyway you can still try.
Use Restorer2000 Data , download it frm here
*www.bitmart.net/download.shtml

pantheratigris

Broken In
I dont think it is possible to recover your data. As they are saying you may be able to recover a small portion but i think it is not possible once you have formatted your HDD.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
firstly ...

it is only possible to recover data if you've 'quick formatted' the drive.
this simply removes the FAT table and leaves the files intact.
so the data is there but simply cannot be read.
all recovery progams will work only in this type of formatting.

but if its a full format ...
then believe me ..
all this is simply waste of time ..

secondly ..

all such recovery programs are to be installed in the drive ..
installing programs after u've lost data is highly not recommeded..

thirdly ...

this is what happenned to me ...
i recovered around 10GB data which i lost due to partition magic ..
all the data was recovered ...
but here's the trap ...
none of the data was readable ..
none of the music was running .. no nothing

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Ur data can be recovered if and only if the ur data has not been overwritten, even if you had done a full format.

As long as 1. ur data is not over written or 2. ur drive is physically damaged or 3. u have not used low level format or zero fill drive,
u can get ur data back

Try getdataback or recover 4 all.

However, if you have installed Win'95 on the same drive as you have stored ur Tally data, chances are really slim. Much worse, if you have stored it on you c: drive, because windows uses this drive for its page file which most probably would have overwritten most of your data.

busyanuj

In the zone
just hope that you did a Quick formatting of your hard drive, and not Unconditional formatting.
In such case, the data may be recoverable.

did you use the format c: /q command or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom