can i patch the driver for w850i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayneu

Journeyman
i heard that its possible to patch the video drivers of sony erricson models, like k750,k800,w810 etc. and i have even noticed people posting patched drivers for sony models.
can i patch the video driver of k750i or k800i with w850i? if anyone tell me where i can get these drivers for individual sony models, i will try to patch it.....it will improve the cam quality i think. what do u say guys?
since its of the same model which i am going to try.... there wouldnt be of much problem i suppose. anybody has any idea about these driver patching & where i can download the drivers???

Pathik

Google Bot
@ crazy @ a SE service center they ll jus update the firmware of his fone... not replace it wit the firmware of a better fone... so his only option is to do it himself...

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Sorry for pin pointing my error Pathik. I didn't say that they will replace the firmware I said they will update the firmware. And the link given is a forum only for mobile and they offer guides to do the modding and hacking..

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
thanks guys.... thanks for the information & also the useful link. i wont try it. just asked that whether it will improve the quality of the video in w850i... thanks

G

gxsaurav

@ mayneu

it won't. The video driver will make the quality of photos better but won't increse the video quality. The only way to increse that is to increse the bit rate of video recording, which does not depends on video driver.

However, it's not sure if it will work, cos the camera of both phones are diferent. U might end up with a phone with a non functional camera

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
check out if the focal length of the lens, the pixels, af features are common. there is no way to acertain the parameters of the camera modules. u can just give it a try if u are adventurous and dun mind sacrificing a phone!!! but nevertheless, try. btw, if its k750i, then there are lotsa patched cam,acoustic drivers available on the net. that is more safer than patching interphone drivers!

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
infra_red_dude said:
check out if the focal length of the lens, the pixels, af features are common. there is no way to acertain the parameters of the camera modules. u can just give it a try if u are adventurous and dun mind sacrificing a phone!!! but nevertheless, try. btw, if its k750i, then there are lotsa patched cam,acoustic drivers available on the net. that is more safer than patching interphone drivers!
well, first of all k750i is a great phone in terms of camera capability. but i am concerned more about music. so obviously i bought w850i.
now i thought it would be nice if i get a better picture quality in my phone with some patches. thats why i asked u a suggestion here.
anyway, i found lots of modding guides and required tools in a very good site. can u imagine the MAC OS fonts in ur sony phone???
here is a sample....

*img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/7/1/13/f_sonymanui_caaam_ff961e52.png

here is the link to that good site for all modding of sony erricson phone.
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?
anyway thanks for those who helped me.
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom