Can i get asrock 915 p4 dual for my 2.0 GHz processor?%!*!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunwar

In the zone
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :idea: :roll: :shock: :( :!: :?:
dear .......................

I want to get asrock 915 p4 dual for my 2.0 GHZ processor which sports socket 478.
I HAVE INTEL 845 Motherboard which has NO agp slot.
I want to get a mobo which has PCIe slot and powerful onboard graphics.
Is Radeon 9600 Pro a agp card or a PCIe card.(as i have heard that this is a very good card.
i don't want to get 865 based mobo because it will cost Rs 3500 and "this" asrock 915 will cost Rs 4000.
one of my friend got nvidia 6600(non-gt) at Rs 8000.
asrock 915 works on 800 MHz fsb.
But the fsb of my processor is 400 MHz.
i want to enjoy DX9-ready onboard graphics.
now, if it doesn't work on 400 mhz processor, then why did asrock made this motherboard on socket 478.
why do i replace my good old 2 GHz processor with a 3 GHz processoor.
Also, what is GHz of dual core processor.
What will be cost of a ddr 2 512 mb ram module.
what is cost of dual core processor + intel 945 based motherboard?
If i buy an AMD 64 processor, then AMD motherboards with PCIe slots r very expensive.(but i managed to find one at reasonable price).
asrock 915 p4 dual costs only Rs 4000.
can i buy it for my 2.0 GHz processor?
because i may lose that Rs 4000 if it won't work on my processor!
please reply me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as i am in great PAIN.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
so much confusion again kunwar bhai ... well here goes,

1. ya u can buy the asrock P4Dual-915GL ... it will work perfectly with ur 2.0 ghz socket 478 processor... this board can support processors with 800 mhz fsb also ... this doesnt mean it wont support ur 400 mhz processor. it is compatible.

2. this board has both a pci-e and agp slot and also has only decent onboard grafix of the intel gma 900 ... if u want to play games at good settings u will have to buy an additional card whether it is a pci-e or agp. go for a pci-e card.

3. radeon 9600 pro is an agp card.

4. u can go for the nvidia 6600 128 mb non gt frm gainward pci-e for around 7,500/- the same ur frnd bought. it will offer good perfomance.

5. the intel dual core processor ie pentium d starts from 2.80 ghz. but ur asrock board will not support it , for ur info.

6. ddr 2 512 mb module 533 mhz from kingston is priced around 7-8,000/- (i am not really sure)

7. pentium d and intel 945 are still not readily available so i cant quote any prices but approx the bundle for both will be around 20,000 with an intel original 945 board.

8. and y r u in gr8 pain mister ? LMAO.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@akshayt
i have confirmed things from www.asrock.com and also i checked the mar 05 issue of chip in which they have tested this mobo. y dont u confirm first and post details here. if he himself could confirm and be sure he would not post this topic dude. u can clearly make out he is a newbie.

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
FANTASTIC

I was stuck on this decision from about 2 months.

wao.
today i made a post and WAO.

HUGE thanks to mohit.

BUT, even then
i would ask mohit, r u right?

yes, i was in great pain

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
many people telling me that 915 mobos r meant for 3 GHz processors.

i should get away from ddr-2 at the moment

mohit

The Hardware Labs
kunwar said:
many people telling me that 915 mobos r meant for 3 GHz processors.

see my config i am using a 2.8 ghz processor with an intel original d915 gav board ... but i am using a lga-775 processor. dont worry man ur processor is perfectly compatible with the asrock board. i have checked it twice now. and ya there is also board from asus for people like u stuck with old socket 478 processors .. it is asus p4gd1 ... but i doubt it is available in india. get this board if u can or just leave it and go for the asrock.

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
my vendor telling that he contacted in delhi and no such mobo is out there.

What a hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 5901

Ask him to find out from MUMBAI !!!! AND if im not Mistake i think Rashi Prpherals is 1 of the dealer / Suppiler for ASUS in india !!!

Ask them they should KNOW !!!

Cheers !!!

arunbj

Broken In
:? :shock:

ASROCK p4 915GL does not support 400 FSB. supports 533/800 FSB.
Just cheked out their official manual.

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
YA,I WAS NOT A GEEK
I was told by MOHIT here that i can use it.

Asrock wala(dealer) in delhi is mad.
he doesn't replies my e-mails.
mumbai branch walas r good.

thanks 4 all of yu

By the way
80 people have seen this topic.

but only 20 post!!!!!!!!!!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
kunwar wrote:
By the way

Thats bcoz Mr.Kunwar,even sum of the guys (including me) r planning to get the same mobo and thats y this topic really provided me with excellent inputs from mohit :p:) as even i hhv a P-4,2.0Ghz Processor on an Intel D865 GBF mobo and was planning to get the new mobo that u mentioned......And after all we do not believe in Spamming.... :wink: :wink:

Hey BTW, gr8 job Mohit dude ! 8) :) keep up the gud work man !!!

cheers n e-peace....

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
ashu888ashu888 said:
kunwar wrote:
By the way

Thats bcoz Mr.Kunwar,even sum of the guys (including me) r planning to get the same mobo and thats y this topic really provided me with excellent inputs from mohit :p:) as even i hhv a P-4,2.0Ghz Processor on an Intel D865 GBF mobo and was planning to get the new mobo that u mentioned......And after all we do not believe in Spamming.... :wink: :wink:

Hey BTW, gr8 job Mohit dude ! 8) :) keep up the gud work man !!!

cheers n e-peace....

WHAT DO U mean by "And after all we do not believe in Spamming...."??? :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :x

arunbj

Broken In
Re: Can i get asrock 915 p4 dual for my 2.0 GHz processor?%!

kunwar said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :idea: :roll: :shock: :( :!: :?:
dear .......................

I want to get asrock 915 p4 dual for my 2.0 GHZ processor which sports socket 478.
I HAVE INTEL 845 Motherboard which has NO agp slot.
I want to get a mobo which has PCIe slot and powerful onboard graphics.
Is Radeon 9600 Pro a agp card or a PCIe card.(as i have heard that this is a very good card.
i don't want to get 865 based mobo because it will cost Rs 3500 and "this" asrock 915 will cost Rs 4000.
one of my friend got nvidia 6600(non-gt) at Rs 8000.
asrock 915 works on 800 MHz fsb.
But the fsb of my processor is 400 MHz.
i want to enjoy DX9-ready onboard graphics.
now, if it doesn't work on 400 mhz processor, then why did asrock made this motherboard on socket 478.
why do i replace my good old 2 GHz processor with a 3 GHz processoor.
Also, what is GHz of dual core processor.
What will be cost of a ddr 2 512 mb ram module.
what is cost of dual core processor + intel 945 based motherboard?
If i buy an AMD 64 processor, then AMD motherboards with PCIe slots r very expensive.(but i managed to find one at reasonable price).
asrock 915 p4 dual costs only Rs 4000.
can i buy it for my 2.0 GHz processor?
because i may lose that Rs 4000 if it won't work on my processor!
please reply me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as i am in great PAIN.

ASROCK 915 p4 Dual does not support 400 FSB. If u want i can send their manual.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Hey if anyone has got this mobo post some benchies of that, it will be helpful for a lot of people. and also plz mention the NORMAL temps for the board.

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
But the fsb of my processor is 400 MHz

can i overclock it 2 533 mhz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz sorry to disappoint u but ASROCK P4-915GL DUAL does not support 400Mhz FSB processors , here is the complete list of processors supported by this motherboard,

*www.asrock.com/support/CPU_Support/show.asp?Model=P4Dual-915GL

and for those of u who want to buuy it , check this link for distributors in INDIA.
*www.asrock.com/buy/index_Asia.htm

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
4 mahino ki mehnat pani mein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since my 10 th class board exams!

hi mohit,
can i chat with u on yahoo messenger.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
sorry kunwar but i dont use yahoo msngr that often .. email me if u have any doubts/problems . ill be glad to help u in any way that i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom