Can I change my chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
I have bought a new computer. It is Intel D915GLVG which uses 915 chipset. Will it support PCIe x16 because above PCI there is written PCIe x16 and has some pin which have been soldered(soldering).

Can I Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition run on my computer?
Can I Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition run on m computer by changing my chipset to anyother chipset and BIOS?

I have another CPU, that is Intel pentium Celeron 735 Mhz with its motherboard. Can I join this two computer and gain extra power?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
sourav said:
Can I Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition run on my computer?

Yes you can run extreme edition in this motherboard. but before you install the new processor update your bios to the latest. chk out www.intel.com for more information.

sourav said:
Can I Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition run on m computer by changing my chipset to anyother chipset and BIOS?

No you cannot change the chipset because its soldered to the motherboard.

sourav said:
I have another CPU, that is Intel pentium Celeron 735 Mhz with its motherboard. Can I join this two computer and gain extra power?

It might be possibe at a higher level but not for smaller computers i guess. you just cant connect a cable between the two and use the processing power.

Kniwor

Learner
No buddy... it is not possible to change ones chipset.. u will need to change the mobo itself... neither can u get the added power or something...

phatratt

In the zone
the chipset is soldered to the mobo,so don't ever think of changing the chipset,just get a new mobo else update u'r existing hardware drivers.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
thanx all of you. as my exam was there i could not see. it's sad that i cannot join this two computers.
but however it could be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom