Can I Buy 1 Vista n Install it in my both PC& Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi

Will it be a genuine if i install the Vista on my Pc, which i got it for laptop...?
Will there be any problem if i run same copy of vista on two systems??
Is it applicable for other Softwares also..? I have CA Internet Security suite..

How many installations can be made from Vista Genuine CD? I heard that only limited installations are possible...:confused:

Is it applicable to WinXP??

Thanks....:smile:

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
U can..but U sud not.by doing so,U will violate Microsoft terms and conditions.One key is valid for only one system.

If Microsoft find same key being used on two system,than they will declare ur key as pirated.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Ganeshkumar said:
Thanks...
Waiting for more replies...

Sorry, but Ravi gave it all, there is no more...

Though practically u can, but when u are buying, u are in Legel Agreement with Microsoft, which doesnt allow u to use a simgle copy of Vista with 2 computer....

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Thanks...
Waiting for more replies...

What more replies??

You can do one thing.... You can install it one by one... That is, you install it on both but make sure you uninstall the previous copy prior to installtion on the other machine.......

Though this might sound stupid... But, that way you aren't pirating...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
kaustav said:

Sorry, Disagree...

Buying an OEM pack means, u paste the MS Sticker with Product key in the system for which u bough the OS, u are not allowed to take it off from a system to put it in another !!!!!

kaustav_geek said:
That is, you install it on both but make sure you uninstall the previous copy prior to installtion on the other machine.......

nope, u are not allowed to do that... One OEM pack is for One single system.... in case of Volume Licance u may have this option included in ur TOS but with OEM pack, u r certainly not allowed to do it....

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Are you sure ?? Can you point me to some sources ?? That would be a great help.

Thanks for the correction BTW...

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I think there is an option where you can buy the licences with the Windows i mean Windows CD with the number of licences to install the same Windows on the other computers and its legal.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gaurav_indian said:
I think there is an option where you can buy the licences with the Windows i mean Windows CD with the number of licences to install the same Windows on the other computers and its legal.

Its called Volume licencing !!! I think that's 5 PC atleast u have to buy.... But not Efective when with 5 PC u wont get any effective, when u are buying for 500 PC then it really effective as u do actuall burgaining with MS :lol: on price and few TOS in Agreement too... He He :lol:

@kaustav_geek

wait, let me Find the exact Point in the Agreement :( i have to read it all again :lol:

Microsoft said:
A Certificate of Authenticity sticker must be attached directly to each device or system that incorporates the Windows XP operating system.

Source

and know more that that COA sticker, here, *www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/re/2abf99cd-a5e4-469c-802e-55ca8ec542d5.mspx

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kaustav_geek said:
What more replies??

You can do one thing.... You can install it one by one... That is, you install it on both but make sure you uninstall the previous copy prior to installtion on the other machine.......

You wont be able to activate/register on more than one machine. Perhaps it may be possible if the hardware of both are identical, but still it is illegal.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
thanks ... now i am more clear.....

Ganeshkumar said:
Hi

How many installations can be made from Vista Genuine CD? I heard that only limited installations are possible...:confused:

I had WinXP Pirated CD:D after some 10-20 installations now say that serial key is invalid.. So now i have to use another serial key..!

Thanks....:smile:

I still need Solution for this....:confused:

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Ganeshkumar said:
How many installations can be made from Vista Genuine CD? I heard that only limited installations are possible...

Installations are Unlimited

but with OEM Pack u have to activate ur product to use it beyond 30days..

now that Internet Activation is Limited...

i think with Vista, One May activate 7 or 15 (I forgot :( ) times, where as after 7 times u have to call Microsoft India Phone numbers to get a Phone activation, that one doesnt have any Writen limit, but you are not expected to call every signle week for an activation :lol:

Regarding Product activation Go through this page, *www.windows-vista-update.com/Windows_Vista_Activation.html

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Thanks..

Ganeshkumar said:
I had WinXP Pirated CD:D after some 10-20 installations now say that serial key is invalid.. So now i have to use another serial key..!

Can u tell me wat will be the reason beyond this??:confused:

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Ganeshkumar

Sorry Dude, not allowed to help with Pirated Quiry :( Forum rules doesnt allow any one to ask or aswer any thing related to Piracy, u better edit the Question, may be the tread will end up getting locked :(

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Ganeshkumar

If you are using any paid software without paying their Development company, that is using a Pirated product, and we are not allowed to discuss it here at Open forum !!!

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
@ Choto Cheeta,

I was talking about Windows XP OEM .... Not Vista.... What then ?? Isn't the thing I mentioned possible without amounting to piracy ??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Kaustav said:
I was talking about Windows XP OEM .... Not Vista.... What then ?? Isn't the thing I mentioned possible without amounting to piracy ??

Did u ckeck out the links, I quoted Windows XP TOS :) not Vista,

its same with Vista / XP / Server 2003 / Office 2003 / Office 2007 all OEM product, that u paste the COA sticker on only one system, u cant install it in System A then un-install to re-install it in System B .... !!!! U have to buy 2 OEM product for 2 systems... !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom