Can i access my PCs internet on my Mobile using Bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Friends i have a bluetooth dongle which even works with the Nokia PC Suite.

My question is, can i access my computers net connection on my Mobile?

My Internet on the computer is through an always on LAN connection ( Hathway Internet)

sam_1710

Youngling
^^^ +1

but if ur dongle is a BlueSoleil one ... im afraid u cant configure it!! :(... i tried wid BlueSoleil and wasn't able to connect!

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
You can use the BlueSoleil Drivers and still be able to use Bluetooth connection on Nokia PC suite.
I will post a guide tommorow.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
sam_1710 said:
^^^ +1

but if ur dongle is a BlueSoleil one ... im afraid u cant configure it!! :(... i tried wid BlueSoleil and wasn't able to connect!
am using BlueSoleil and its working fine

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Well GNUbox has not been released for the Newer S60v3 Nokia Phones so this option is ruled out as i have a Nokia 3250.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
I used it after i installed Widcomm drivers as i used M-router on PC whch jus doesnt recognises Bluesoleil drivers!!
Whats the other methods u ppl use ?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
wait wait, you mean using a bluetooth dongal, & bluesoliel , I can use my airtel connection to browse wap sites on my mobile phone? cool......tell me how, if possible write a tutorial, this will be handy in downloading those apps which download only via wap

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I have not yet got any guide to use the Computers Internet on the Newer S60V3 mobiles. If you get any, please post over here.

BTW, Heres a guide on how to Use BlueSoeil and Nokia PS Suite in Tandem.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=408241

amitava82

MMO Addict
guys i've already given the gunbox link. why dont you go through it n follow the steps... Its very well written. just follow the steps n i hope u'll be successful.

man_in_black

Broken In
hey guys I had made my final year project related to this.

i was to display my "wap site", but due to unavailability of GPRS signals i hosted the site on a college pc (over IIS) and broused the pages on my n3650 and my fren's nGage using the dongle(IVTbluesoleil).

the only important things are:
*the default wap browser of phone wasn't working, doris & opera(not mini) were fine
*mobile router was needed to keep the serial conn. alive (u'll fine in PC suite or some SDK)
*the PAN ip (assigned by DHCP or you) is the proxy address for phone.

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
amitava82 said:
guys i've already given the gunbox link. why dont you go through it n follow the steps... Its very well written. just follow the steps n i hope u'll be successful.

I am using a Nokia 3250, which is a S60v3 phone. GNUbox does not support S60v3, it only supports S60v2 FP2 at Max.

Hence we will need to think up of something new for the newer phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom