Can DDR (133/266 MHz) work in A8N-VM CSM Mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwisedabrave

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
im planning to buy an Asus A8N-VM CSM Mobo. i already have a 256(x2) DDR RAM (266 MHz). I need to know if it will work in the mobo, or should i buy new ones with 400+ Mhz?

Is the Asus A8N-VM CSM the best mobo with inbuilt graphics card?

Also , does the A8N32-SLI have onboard Graphics card?

pls help!!
thnx

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Yess it should work .. but u'll miss out on a lot of performance ... a lot specially on the mem. read / write bandwidth ...

And the A8N32 SLi doesn't have any onboard graphic adapter ....

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
samwisedabrave said:
Hi guys,
im planning to buy an Asus A8N-VM CSM Mobo. i already have a 256(x2) DDR RAM (266 MHz). I need to know if it will work in the mobo, or should i buy new ones with 400+ Mhz?

Is the Asus A8N-VM CSM the best mobo with inbuilt graphics card?

Also , does the A8N32-SLI have onboard Graphics card?

pls help!!
thnx

It will work but at 266 MHZ and not 400 MHZ....

Nope.....A8N32 SLI...does not have an IGP..

OP
S

samwisedabrave

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I just bought the Asus A8N-VM CSM mobo with AMD64 3200+ Venice core. I have a few questions:

1) What is this Venice core? I bought ADA3200DAA4BW, which is also said to be Venice core, instead of ADA3200DAA4BP. The only difference between the two is that the stepping is E6 for BW, and E3 for BP. Any idea what that is? Any way i can overclock this?

2)Even if it says 3200+ , actual speed is shown as 2 GHz. why is that? Is there any way i can increase the speed?

3) I tried installing the 266 Mhz DDR RAMs, and im sorry to say that the system does not even start!! When i tried on my friend's 400Mhz DDR, it works perfectly. Looks i have to goto Lamington Road again just to buy the DDRs :(
Any takers for 256 MB DDR-266 RAMs?? :))

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Congrats..for ur nu system..

The Venice Core is the best core...around...it can be overclocked to a great extent with low temps....
The model number is 3200+ but it runs at 2 GhZ...its normal....
To increase the speed u can overclock...but overclocking voids the warranty.

For overclocking see this....
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20533&highlight=Overclocking

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9492&highlight=Overclocking

*www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=12066

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom