can CD-R or CD_RW read DVD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

varun mehta

Right off the assembly line
hi guys
i have heard that dvd's can be read from CD-RW but i don't know how?
would please tell me that is it possible to access DVD's using CD-RW's by using any additional software or hardware(except DVD drive, ofcourse)?
hoping for reply asap.

allindrome

Journeyman
Simple.Take a course in electronics.Learn how optical devices work.Open up your drive.Somehow change the wavelength of your laser and presto you have a DVD reading drive.No hardware required!!

allindrome said:
Simple.Take a course in electronics.Learn how optical devices work.Open up your drive.Somehow change the wavelength of your laser and presto you have a DVD reading drive.No hardware required!!

YEA YEA YEA!!!!! U want varun to kick hi a** around, go in for a degree course, etc etc!!
never have i heard such a bigger piece of crap!

Varun my friend, THERE IS NO WAY U CAN READ A DVD WITH A CD-RW!!! This is because the technology involved in both cases is totally different. I know there hv been rumours abt this - but those r JUST RUMOURS, ok?

Invest some more bucks, n get urself a dvd drive, or a combo drive - quite cheaply available @ around Rs. 2500/-

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
imprince said:
but it is all about the lazer beam
........and the disc!

no way bob........you cannot do that.......but i guess in sometime we would have universal drives which could play /write anything......maybe combo2 with dvd rw :eek:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Please search!
Even if it is a dumb question, it would be discussed!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10760&highlight=dvd+cd+joking

And abt the software, even this is discussed!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10760&highlight=dvd+cd+joking

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ok Well Lets See Now.....If Cd-Rom Drives Could Read DVD's Then Why In The Hell Would we Need A DVD-Rom Drive To Be MAnufactured :x

Look Buddy The Technology Rule is Quite Simple The New TEchnology Is BAckward Compatible i.e The DVD-Rom Drives can read all The BAckwards Format......But The Old Technology Dosent Cope Up to The New Tech i.e Ur Query for which The obivious answer is no :lol:

Plzzz Stop MAking Such Threads (A Humble request)
And Plzz Search Before Posting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom