Can anyone help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldip10

In the zone
I've recently bought a 5.1 home theatre system (Phillips MMS 5.500i), My mobo is Intel 845 GVSR with inbuild sound card ( Realtek AC97 Audio)...
The problem is the speaker is unable to produce 5 channel sounds , i.e all its speakers aren't working although beig connected to computer >>> Any ideas about this matter..

Venom

Journeyman
This is for linux or generally? You have to enable 5.1 for your ICH5 or whichever soundcard first.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
cooldip10 said:
I've recently bought a 5.1 home theatre system (Phillips MMS 5.500i), My mobo is Intel 845 GVSR with inbuild sound card ( Realtek AC97 Audio)...
The problem is the speaker is unable to produce 5 channel sounds , i.e all its speakers aren't working although beig connected to computer >>> Any ideas about this matter..

For Stereo i.e any 2 channel audio(majority of songs-mp3,VCD's & some DVD's) this is what is going 2 occur by default,'coz that philips doesn't have an external 6 channel hardware audio decoder,which would artificially create 6 channels of audio for ur 5.1 spkrs system as by using audio alogrithms of dolby prologic I,II,etc,so ur best bet is 2 use software & 5.1 channel plugins for creating artificially those 6 audio channels.Needless to say,that wouldn't be REAL perfect 6 channels but then all ur speakers would be working/making/throwing out sum sound!
Only when u use DVD's with movies(or for that matter any program material) encoded with actual 5.1 channel audio as in DOLBY DIGITAL,DTS,etc,can u get ACTUAL/REAL 6 channel audio output & for which u actually brought the HT in the first place!

mayb that's all to it folks
amen!

Last edited:
OP
cooldip10

cooldip10

In the zone
hey I found that my on board sound card doesn't support 6 channel spkr system... so can you recommend one PCI sound card with this support..

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
For low budget go for Creative soundblaster Live 5.1, costs around 1-1.2K maybe less. For higher budget and no compromise in quality u can buy Creative audigy for about 2-3K or even get creative X-Fi for around 6-7K. There r many model for each series, so do check with local vendor for the exact pricing.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Sound cards are available ranging from 700 bucks to 700 bucks.....depends on what quality of sound u want.. normal sound blaster 5.1 should cost u a k...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
creative audigy value should be around 1500 or so, try to get audigy 2 value if it is not much more expensive, don't know its price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom