1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by mav3r1ck, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mav3r1ck

mav3r1ck New Member

i am planning to buy an AGP4x/8x card, i surfed the net and found out this one - SAPPHIRE ATI X1600 pro 256 MB AGP8x card, the link is-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102665

now this card is really what u call best bang for the bucks, available in the
    US for $120 + shipping(inside US). now my problem is even if this card is available in india, the price here will be more than double to what it costs in the US (i.e 120 * 45 = Rs. 5400/-, here it would be costing atleast Rs 13000/-), so this is my sincere request to all DIGIT forum members who's relatives/friends are in the US whether they can buy me this card from the US (of course i will pay for it). i neither have any relatives or friends in the US, nor do i know about the procedures to bring this card to india( i.e any import duty etc.). i have a budget of Rs 6000/-(plus minus 10%). is there any way import duty can be evaded, coz if import duty too is added the cost will be the equal to what i will pay for it in india. this one is for those who have bought some electronic items for personal use from the US with the help of their relatives or friends living there. (coz itz damn cheap there). PLZ REPLY, I NEED UR HELP!!! plz reply here only or on my email ID which is manishnair123@yahoo.co.in

2. Kniwor

Kniwor Learner

there are many things that i would like to get from the US.... i also have friends there that can purchase it... but the problem is duty.... i never got anything from there

3. teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia t3h g04t

As far as I know, the import duty on computer hardware is minimal... and also the margins are not that gr8 any more... for example... a 200$ 6800gs is selling in kolkata for bout 11.5

4. ::vicky::

::vicky:: New Member

and what abt the warranty if any thing goes wrong sir

5. MysticHalo

MysticHalo Your Maker.

try a site that ships outside the US as well..... like Amazon
    BTW, sapphire cards dont seem to be good on quality. I would recommend either ATi OEM or PowerColor

6. vmp_vivek

vmp_vivek New Member

Get it from Amazon or Ebay, that should be the best option you have. :)

7. varungupta17

varungupta17 New Member

Hey dude ur cost estimation are to high.... Here in India prices are high but not so high as u calculated.... I browse net frequently for new products and have found that it will cost as follows:

(price in dollars) * 46 (at max) = Price u pay + VAT

Anyway what will u do if anything goes wrong... Even if u pay a few bucks extra u stand to gain a lot in future and not loose it.....

8. Kniwor

Kniwor Learner

what said that to u about sapphire.... please slap the person on my behalf...

sapphire cards are nice cards... some of them are infact very nice
    sapphire X800GTO2 was my first choice for a vid card but not available in india... It's been selling around the world like anything... always out of stock...

anyhow.... one or 2 products from any company can be low performing .... but sapphire in general gives out nice products... that sell and that perform....

9. MysticHalo

MysticHalo Your Maker.

Sapphire products r selling coz they r cheaper than other cards like ATI's own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.