Can a resolution of a photo be changed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jal_desai

In the zone
hello all,
I have a camera bought 4 years ago having only a resolution of 2.1 Mega Pixels. Now as we all know there occurs much difference in the output if the number of MegaPixels is more... All I wanna know is.. can a photograph taken at a 2.1 Meg Pixel be converted (Or may be made so as to look like) a 4 or 5 MegPixel photograph.... If there is a way... please do let me...

tuxfan

Technomancer
All the free tools available will spoil the photo by making it grainy! I have read about some paid software available for this purpose. Don't remember it exactly. Search on google/yahoo.

shovik

Banned
Yes definitely the resolution of a photo can be changed with help of special algorithms. But only upto a limit, over that it may become grainy...

EDIT:
DO NOT POST LINKS TO PIRATED SOFTWARE!

Hope this serves your purpose....Let me know...

Regards,
Shovik.

Last edited by a moderator:

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Quality may b increased from 2 to 5-6 MP onbly at cost of DPI/PPI which is lowered & so u get the bad Grainy effect.
If it was so easy changing resolutions ONLY by software algorithms,then the High-End Digicam SLR businesss would not have exsisted as of today!

shovik

Banned
but the high end digicams and slr all work on the 3d principles, without those algorithms you couldn't have boasted of these gadgets.

Regards,
Shovik.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. resolution can be lowered .. not increased ... simply put ... say u take a picture at 1024*768 ... the no. of pixels captured is 786432 ... so if u increase the res ... to say 1280*1024 . the no. of pixels will not increased .. but the original pixels stretched to occupy the same area at the 1310720 pixels would .. which seems an increase of ~16% ... now imagine per pixel stretched by such a big percentage ...

In simple words .. it'll take quite some time to maintain the quality and increase the res. (possible via image editing softwaress like Photoshop , Gimp etc. etc.) .. but the time and patience required is eally not worth it ...

2.1 MB should do 1600*1200 ... why do u need to stretch it further ???

OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
yes , i do know tht resolution can be lowered but not increased... but does tht mean there is no other alternative rather thn buying a Hi-Res camera... i mean it's 21st century yaar, some or the other thing must be there to solve the problem... wat say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom