Caller ID Software Telephone numbers on my Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVB RAJU

Broken In
Hai, I am using V92 modem with EzVoice 2.0, phonetray Dial up 2.00, modem spy v3.4, Audio Phone Recorder software. These softwares not indicating Caller ID (Caller's Telephone number). Can any body using these softwares with V92 modem help me how to get the Caller ID. Earlier I was connected to a small instrument attached to my phone. that Caller ID Instrument is indicating Caller's telephone number. But on the Desktop (or in the Caller ID software logs) Caller's telephone is not displayed. All softwares are informing that there is a telephone call and it will be working as an answering machine. Also in the logs telephone call's date and time are displayed. When CID (Caller ID) column comes it is displaying NA. How to get the caller ID on my screen? Bye :D

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi TVB RAJU,

That is a lot of software installed at your end for your PSTN line. I have not used these software, but only Supervoice that used to come bundled with my D-Link 56kbps external modem.

Googling got to me to their site

*www.supervoice.com/basic/helpsvpro/f-telephone.htm#Does your modem support the Caller ID service

The site says

Caller ID is a function of the modem as well as of the software. If the modem supports caller ID, then SuperVoice will support this feature.

and

Make sure your outside phone line goes directly to the modem. If the outside phone line goes to another device such as PBX, it will intercept the Caller ID signal. Also make sure no other device such as answering machine is attached to your phone line.

Firstly, the modem should support caller ID? Does your modem support it?

Secondly, if the modem supports caller ID then this feature would work only if you disconnect the external caller ID device (that is intercepting the caller ID signal) from the phone line. (The same thing happens in an EPABX, except the very expensive Siemens model where, I think, you have caller ID landing as well).

godsownman

Padawan
I have got a rockwell 56k v.90 modem how do i know if caller id is acceptable with my modem .

I have activated it with the tele company.

And i use supervoice but it does not show me the number .

Any way to find out if my modem accepts caller line identification.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom