Cabinet problem for AMD 2800+

Status
Not open for further replies.

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
Hi,

I have AMD 2800+, The problem is that the cabinet doesn't have any holes or fan in the side doors. So I have placed 2 fans back side. But the hot air still there and makes me a lot of tension though Cool and Quite has been enabled.

My mother board is ASUS K8N4-E SE.

Please guide me! Do I need to change the cabinet with a side door fan?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Just drill holes for the extra fans. Also have one fan in the front as intake. Tie up the wires so that good air flow could be maintained. If the problem still persists then think about getting a new cabby. By the way, what are the temperatures?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i don't like u need any extra fans for ur cpu. i have 3000+ and do not have any fan vent or anything like that but still my comp is 12grs daily. the temp is around 39C.try to shut off the extra fans and then see the change in temprature though a utility. u can also check through bios but temp will be higher as in bios c&q is disabled.

so cpu works on its 100%

OP
navneeth_snr

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
gary4gar said:
i don't like u need any extra fans for ur cpu. i have 3000+ and do not have any fan vent or anything like that but still my comp is 12grs daily. the temp is around 39C.try to shut off the extra fans and then see the change in temprature though a utility. u can also check through bios but temp will be higher as in bios c&q is disabled.

so cpu works on its 100%

I have enabled C&Q in Bios, But also not cool enuf

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I also have the Athlon64 2800+ i'm not facing any probs!...the claw hammer runs at 58-59 degs at full load while running Prime 95 torture test...but its rock stable!.....even when its overclocked to 2.2GHz the max temps reaches 62, but again rock stable!

For Athlon64s we all are using the stock cooler, and its gr8!

Post some screeni(s) of the temps at full load.. ;)

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
^^
It also depends on the room temps....here in mumbai its damm hot and my room especiallly burns!....that's the reason of the high temps...plus thses are temps after 4 hrs of Prime 95's Torture Test running ''Blend'' test...

But I have even took it to 67 degs...as an experiment...but was stable...

But as its already outdated and lacks power I don't care 'bout the temps as longs as its stable.!

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
really??

AMD says the max temp is 70 degs, so didn't gp beyond that..was scared...anyways even at a hell of OC it does't do beyond 68...so I think its good enough...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
also u need to install drivers for it and when u finished installing drivers for it then:if its when windows xp then u need to do the following steps also!

start>control panel>display>screen saver>power>power schemes>Minimal power management>click apply & O.k

OP
navneeth_snr

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
Problem solved. The cool & quite drivers in windows were not installed correctly. Re-installed and now there is less hot air! Thanks for all for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom