Hey everyone, im getting a new rig based on the following config:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus P5N32E SLi (nforce 680i)
Corsair 512 MB 667 MHz x 4
XFX Geforce 8800 GTS
WD W3200KS 320 GB x 2
Corsair 620 W Power supply
Sony DVD RW, etc...

I wanted to know which cabinet should I go for. I was thinking of a windowed case from zebronics (peace)/antec but my dad is against a windowed cabinet as he thinks that the acryllic may crack easily. Is this true? I'm gonna take this comp from to mumbai to kota in rajasthan and so it will receive quite rough handling. Can anyone suggest me a nice cabinet?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Off topic ..can u post the prices of components u r getting..:D...BTW way u buying a MONSTER PC...congrats...:p

OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
hey thanks. prices are:

intel core2duo e6600 - 16300
mobo - 14500
ram - 2300 + 4% tax for each module
graphic card - 32500 + 4% tax
hard disk - 4600 each
power supply - 7500
dvd writer - 1825

VirtualV

Broken In
woot! nice config there (must say!)

if you can afford this, then you can certainly afford a

thermaltake armor lcs or an armor extreme edition chassis
they're super towers with built in liquid cooling and upto 11 expansion slots
they've got upto 5 cooling fans, basically meant for super configs, like yours
even your 8800 GTS will fit in easily
they're partly windowed cabinets, but they aren't fragile
infact they're really heavy (upto 16kgs)

i say go for it!

here's the link, pick whichever you like:-
*www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/full_index.asp

cheers!

Last edited:
OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
well, yeah, i am getting the xfx geforce 8800 from rashi peripherals, after some bargaining ;)

and as for the thermaltake, all i can say is WOAH!!!. 16KGs!! u c, my unique problem is that i'm studying 4 iit in kota (actually based in mumbai) and have lots'a luggage to haul along, so i wal looking for a rather light cabinet, not too jazzy. something like antec lanboy or their slk 3000b model, or zebronics peace (again, windowed model0

does anyone out there hav a windowed case? can u tell me the quality of the acryllic sheet?

thanx

VirtualV

Broken In
offtopic

ahem, if you're studying for IIT
then WTF are you doing with a XFX 8800 GTS
here's how it works -
you can either go for the amazing computer, or go into IIT

if you're planning to take that "beast" of a computer in kota, you might aswell forget about studying,
at least i wasn't able to do it that way, and i still can't!

p.s. i'm not in IIT
(ROFL)

Pathik

Google Bot
well future iitians may be interested in game development... that explains the 8800 gts... btw u can get the antec lanboy... if u want a movable cabinet...

OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
hey, i know its funny to mix iit with geforce 8800 gts, but i assure u, i can do both (in fact, i am doing both of them, my rank is 80 there out of 2600 students which is, well, nice. i'm one of the top students)

coming back to the cabinet, i'm thinking about the antec slk 3000b, it fits the bill perfectly, but i'm having difficulty locating it. can any1 suggest me a nice case from coolermaster or thermaltake around the price range of ~Rs. 4000

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
My friend has got a Windowed Zebronics cabinet(model:Antibiotic) with all those bling bling. The plastic sheet will not break unless you press it against the Optical drive holder. Its a good cabinet with nice features.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
with such a neat rig you should definitely go for an Antec or chieftec cabby, the zebronic ones are for the ones on a low budget.

OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
Hey everyone, thanks for the advice. I finally got an Antec Performance TX 1088 AMG server file cabinet for my PC for Rs. 4500/- w/o power supply. It's a liitle heavy, tipping the scales at 12.5 kg w/o all that hardware, but its quite sturdy. And I just got Vista Home Premium, cant wait to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom