C&C3: Tiberium Wars IGN review

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Originally Posted by IGN
9.0 Presentation
Excellent job all around bringing everything together into a cohesively styled whole. The return of live action cutscenes is welcome. 9.0 Graphics
These are some brilliant visuals full of life, laughter, and burning bodies. Special effects are particularly brilliant.
8.5 Sound
Everything from the music to the acknowledgements is done well here. There are some awkward transitions between songs, but other than that, very well done.
8.0 Gameplay
Good fast action RTS with a slick interface. The pace is kept fast and fun. Some balance issues. Still basically the same RTS we've been playing for years.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
Plenty of replay value with long campaigns. Good community support for multiplayer. Skirmish AI is good enough for a challenge lending more life still.

8.5 Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

A little disappointing score if you ask me.
I was kinda hoping for a solid 9 or more.

Well even though the game doesn't really look good on my PC, I'll still get it(of course the kane edition), I just loved the earlier tiberium war storys and this looks really interesting.

Sorry if this is posted before..

Source

VJ_Lunar

Broken In
An 8.5 is still pretty good, well above average. Gamespot gave a 9.0 and 1up.com gave it a 9. Overall Gamerankings.com score average is 86%

Anyway, the score itself should be the last thing you should care about it. It's a bloody numerical. If the game is fun to you, who gives a frag if it doesn't get the score it "deserves".

T

thunderbird.117

Looks like Act of War : Direct Action defeated The great command and conquer.

rajasekharan

Youngling
"The return of live action cutscenes is welcome"

boy , boy , boy.......i was solely looking forward for this......i missed the damn thing in "generals"

now its back, hurray......:), got a get this game...:)

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
are u crazy
act of war actually loses
8.5 from ign but 8.5 from Gspot.
The Fmvs are superb Kane is back!!1

T

thunderbird.117

Darthvader said:
are u crazy
act of war actually loses
8.5 from ign but 8.5 from Gspot.
The Fmvs are superb Kane is back!!1

I disagree because command and conquer is from a well known and reputed company called ea games. Has for Act of war it is from not so well know company and the company is brand new called Eugen System. Not that many company give a good RTS like Supreme Commander and Act of War. Act of War is one of the best game. Those who ever played will agree to it. Also Ea games can not atall be trusted because they bride a game reviewer to give very less scores to supreme commander. EA games are cheater. Command and Conquer is mainly famous because of westwood. SAGE engine is a pure crap. EA game can not even create a new engine for C&C. SAGE engine is created by westwood. For me C&C is nothing but a over-hyped and act of war is highly underrated game.

I still wish westwood should have created Command and Conquer. :(

T

thunderbird.117

Possible said:
Is it true? That this is a 2 DVD-in-box game? Like Flight Simulator X?

It is a dual layer dvd. 8 GB.

The two dvd is the collector edition.

Any idea of anyone know how much is dual layer dvd cost? I hope it does not cost rs.500.

Possible

Custom User Title
Oh okay, thank you Thunderbird.117. I'll look out for the collector's edition now that I have the remaining part of C&C in the same format.

T

thunderbird.117

Possible said:
Oh okay, thank you Thunderbird.117. I'll look out for the collector's edition now that I have the remaining part of C&C in the same format.
I hope you will get the collector editon because it has a limited number of copies.

Also i think it will cost around Rs.2500

Possible

Custom User Title
@thunderbird.117 - I just got a USM Collectors Edition yesterday, out of pure luck at a store online :D I'm looking out for this one now :D

T

thunderbird.117

Darthvader said:
Naa collector's edition in all possibility will not come to India .

Yea :(. I used to remember searching for LOTR: 2 Collector edition in whole bangalore did not get any. Well now i hardly think about same thing will happen to this game. I will forget it.

rajasekharan

Youngling
i got the demo yest with digit, chip , pcworld....:)

boy its BEAUTIFUL ......:)

superb, simply superb.....:)

i am gonna buy is ASAP...:)

T

thunderbird.117

I will be getting Supreme Commander. It is one best rts ever. The demo looks great.

Possible

Custom User Title
^^
I heard a lot about that one, when is it coming out on DVD (Or DVD-9 if I fear... Why do they have to make it so painful to install ... Flight Simulator X was like :|)?

T

thunderbird.117

Possible said:
^^
I heard a lot about that one, when is it coming out on DVD (Or DVD-9 if I fear... Why do they have to make it so painful to install ... Flight Simulator X was like :|)?

It already came out on febuary. Many of them are playing it. It comes in dvd9. I dont think it will be painful to install because it is a games for windows. They have been problem with game install those problems are solved. The community of supreme commander is very great. Already many mods have been released. Now that everyone is waiting for a huge patch. That contain modding tools and so on. The GPG was very kindful to remove the copy protection so that people can stop adding DVD while EA games added a tricky copy protection starting for 1.04.

Though supreme commander is very very very massive that mostly hardcore RTS will able to understand how to play while command and conquer is for all. That is the only bad thing in supreme commander. Overall supreme commander is a amazing must get game. Though Supreme commander wont be a big hit in india but who care. Hardly anyone will care.

Possible

Custom User Title
thunderbird.117 said:
Though Supreme commander wont be a big hit in india but who care. Hardly anyone will care.

I know, good games are never really appreciated, there are like thousands of severely underrated games on earth. I'll try getting this one after completing C&C 3, I placed my order for which. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom