c/c++ program in a web page??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
hmm k...well i hav another question....is it possible to run any pogram on a server which can take a value from a web page and perform actions on it??
for eg : lets take google page...we input the keywords, lets assume they are fed to a program on the server and they the program searches the database...
is it possible to this?? how??

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
Thatzz another thing mehul

in HTML u can't run or execute anything

HTML only understand tags and implement perdefined tags

for ur tags u need DHTML or JAvascript or VBscript or some other scripting language

or u can use a COM object or Applets for running C/C++ programs

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
C/C++ can be used for only server side scripting . as Piyush said... for making your HTML Page as a program you have to use client side scripting (DHTML) .. Use Javascript, its very similar to C/C++ in syntax but not as powerfull, you can also use VB scripting but AFAIK it works only with IE.

Here is a good starting place W3Schools

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
charangk said:
C/C++ can be used for only server side scripting . as Piyush said... for making your HTML Page as a program you have to use client side scripting (DHTML) .. Use Javascript, its very similar to C/C++ in syntax but not as powerfull, you can also use VB scripting but AFAIK it works only with IE.

Here is a good starting place W3Schools

yes i want to use it for server side scriptin only...also i don wanna use java script ...jus need a good tutorial on how to use c for the purpose..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ What kind of wepages doyou want to create?

Check this Link

Last edited:

sandeepk

Journeyman
What is your exact need? It will be better if you know what you want to achieve and then it will also help you get suggestions. You can use CGI for server side scripting as suggested by charangk earlier. Else you can use COM for that also as I suggest in my previous post.

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
I m not sure that can u run c/c++ programs. But I will suggest it to convert ur c/c++ programs to php. You can achieve to fulfill your need. If you want to use multiple inheritance then you can not do it using php.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom