C++ and VC++

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Guys, can you tell me the difference between Standard C++ and Visual C++. Since Visual word comes, i think it makes all the applications written in it GUI. Is it correct.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Visual C++ is a Microsoft version of C++ compiler used to develop Windows applications. C++ is in general a programming language and you need a compiler like Dev C++, Turbo C++, Visual C++ to convert C++ scripts to machine executable programs.

'Visual' is a brand used my Microsoft for its 'Visual' range of products and has nothing to do with GUI or effects. Hope this helps.

If you are starting out on C++ you can choose any of these compliers as it suits you. They have slightly different features but all ought to work the same way.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Aberforth said:
Visual C++ is a Microsoft version of C++ compiler used to develop Windows applications. C++ is in general a programming language and you need a compiler like Dev C++, Turbo C++, Visual C++ to convert C++ scripts to machine executables.

'Visual' is a brand used my Microsoft for its 'Visual' range of products and has nothing to do with GUI or effects. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Rep added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom