Bypass MIME Banning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameAddict

In the zone
HI,

Our place has banned downloads of certain filetypes like .zip/.rar/.iso and such. But sometimes I am able to download files with the above extensions, but most of the time MIME filters work perfectly and appropriate message is dispalyed that "This MIME type is banned". How this happens? And how can I make this happen by will? Any ides on bypassing MIME Filters?

Bye!

GA

SouvikSinha

Broken In
Unless you bypass the proxy, which has the MIME filters, you cannot download any of those blocked files. The filters check the extension of the file type, which you are trying to access. Sometimes, these filters stop working due to network problem or due to too many requests at that particular instance, so you can download those files. From your end you cannot do anything to bypass them, other than using some other proxy, which does not have those filters.

OP
GameAddict

GameAddict

In the zone
FTP Downloads work, not HTTP

Hi Souvik,

Thanks for your inputs! You said that it might be banning depending upon extension... but I looked closely and found that only FTP downloads are allowed/bypassed, but not HTTP. Why so? Any idea?

It also means that it is banning by MIME type (and not extension), so how FTP are allowed in both the cases?!?

Bye!

GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom