buying xbox 360...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey_dude

Journeyman
In this diwali i am thinking of buying a xbox 360. I also want to buy a lcd tv 32". There is an offer of free xbox 360 with panasonic 32" tv from bigbazaar. Should i go for it ?? Also i want to play backed up games on my xbox 360 as i cant afford original every time...(i sometimes buy original games too.. :)) So is it possible to mod the xbox 360 after i purchase it ?? Also how much will a modded xbox 360 cost (grey market). Which would be more better ?? If any problem arises after modding the xbox 360 will it be repaired ??

Thanks in advance...

plz reply somebody....

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
It is better to buy an ORgiginal Xbox 360 from an Authorised Microsoft Dealer .

Also , Platinum Hit Xbox 360 games cost Rs 999 .

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
MRP of Panasonic TX-32LE7M LCD TV is Rs. 49,990/- and XBOX 360 CORE + VIVA PINATA + FORZA 2 is Rs. 24,395/

as per bigbazaar.

source: *www.futurebazaar.com/b2c_futurebazaar/b2c/zmenuHandling.do?query=600308035&category=*&min=0&max=0

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
dude, when you buy the stuffs frm BigBazaar, just be a bit careful.

most of the time they sell old crappy maal. check for any visible damage on the items.

i bought 3 shirts in Kolkata BB (near AirPort) & all of them were damaged, one had bad stiching, one didnt have 2 buttons & one was slightly torn. (replaced, but was useless, cudnt find similar ones)

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
yea will check tht....now i am in dilema...tht whether buy a sony/samsung/lg/philips lcd tv and buy the console seperately or jus buy it both from tht offer....plz help me out ....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i didnt mean to put you in Dilemma :D

its just my experience.

btw is it the latest XBoX (i dunno much about Consoles), coz they might be clearing the old stocks (the ones which used to over heat & burn a hole ...in pocket)

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
dunno....they said they are not allowed to open the xbox and see...they also not showing the tv...i budged them to show it....look at the funny conversation of them...
me: i said i want to see the quality of the tv
saleman:its packed piece sir..but you can see it at the other end where xbox is connected.
me:eek:k lets see. oh yes the tv connected to the xbox was samsung bordeux.
hey i wanted to the PANASONIC tv not the samsung. (in their opinion all lcd tv's are same and have same quality.... :p

salesman:eek:k....
me:(so now they opened the "packed piece" and showed it by playing some dvd....)

Now my dilemma is the tv is good but not like tv's compared to sony or samsung or philips... hence i was in dilemma...whether to buy tht tv or buy a complete new one and console later. coz new one will cost around 50k and console will cost around 19k.

plz reply soon.....

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
The new batch of XBox 360 (where the overheating issues has been reduced) never came to India so there is no question of clearing the old stocks!!!

About the combo offer, if u really have the cash buy a Sony LCD along with the Premium Xbox 360 (there is a offer on just the premium 360 also i.e 4 games free which is Viva Piñata, Forza Motorsport 2, PGR 3 & Yuvraj Singh International cricket 2007)

About the modding part, XBox 360 has a lot hardware issues (the average worldwide hardware failure rate for 360 is 20-25%), so because of this u really need the warranty. There is a one year full warranty & extra 3 years for RRoD (Red Ring of Death) failures. google RRoD for more details.

One more thing, if u buy the core system (which is available in the combo offer) u will get a wired controller, no hard disk & no HD cable. Without the hard disk u cannot save ur games, so u need to buy separately a memory unit 64MB for Rs.2020 or a Hard Drive(20GB) for Rs.5640. U need to buy the HD cable also to enjoy HD gaming in ur LCD which again will cost Rs.1890. But if u buy a premium console u will get all these things along with console (1 wireless controller, a 20 GB hard drive & HD cable)

Now its upto u to decide!!!

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I have the premium console and i recommend you buy the premium version . ALso , in this diwali offer MS is giving games worth 8K for free so console actually costs 20k which is a good buy IMHO .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom