Buying Vista Compatible Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlord

Broken In
Hi folks,
I'm planning to go in for a lappy in a month and just started searching today.
Here's my requirements.

1. Vista Compatibility(Support for WDDM).
2. 512MB Ram(upgradeable)
3. Briteview / Ultrasharp or whatever they call the BETTER screens (size no
matter)
4. Budget Approx 50k.

Maybe the cheap lappies with a GFX card (bare minimum to support vista).

Pointers plz guys.........

Nope

paul_007 said:
u r in wrong section

Mobile Monsters
All threads related to cell phones, laptops, PDAs, MP3 players, and other assorted mobile gizmos... Strictly for the geeky!

:idea: So we can talk about this here ... :D

Captain Crime

Journeyman
I'll suggest tht u wait till Vista will release.

Since Common ppl(no not we,we are Geeks) dont know abt Vista now,they'll price it as usual.

But when vista will release
prices will drop 4 sure.

G

gxsaurav

u should wait, but if u absolutely wanna go, then go for a laptop with the following or close to following config

Intel Core duo 1.83 GHz
1 GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce go 6 or 7 series, even 6200 go or 7300 go is enough for running vista, & i m assuming u won't be playing games on a laptop for sure

cryptid

Journeyman
gxsaurav said:
u should wait, but if u absolutely wanna go, then go for a laptop with the following or close to following config

Intel Core duo 1.83 GHz
1 GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce go 6 or 7 series, even 6200 go or 7300 go is enough for running vista, & i m assuming u won't be playing games on a laptop for sure

Dude how do u get the graphic cards to work with a laptop???? they either gointo a agp or PCIe slot and i dont think a lappy can supply power for a pcie card cause they have a seperate power cable to be attach and that would become a extra burden on the laptops battery and the card would be hanging out of the laptop ;-P

ne ways i think a mobo with a integrated graphic equalent to intel 915-945 mobo i.e GMA 900 or GMA 950 would be enought to run vista with all eye candy...and a 512+Ram would be recommended.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Dell's Insipiron 9400 with Core Duo Processor is the closest to be Vista Ready. Other laptops with better gpu's and cpu power would be able to run Vista but these laptops powered by Core Duo would be natively supporting vista. It costs about 75k. You can check this to get more info.

@ cryptid: Relax, gpu's in laptops are common. nvidia's Geforce Go and ATi's Mobility Series are used in laptops. They drain battery nodoubt but they have higher rating batteries with an even higher number of cells in the laptop battery to power them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom