Buying software

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogaak

Broken In
hello all,
Has anybody here bought a software through online transaction?
Do you normally get what you ordered? Here i am talking some company in the US.
ON an average how much time does it take for these companies to ship the product from the US to India.
Is there any way I could come to know of the authenticity of the site's claims?
Any bad experiences? anyone!!

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Could u Mention what company?
And most of the companies offer instant download where u can buy and immediatyely download the software

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
most of the software r avalabe with DEMO & Trail so download them..... the buy the product key to make then full version

OP
G

gogaak

Broken In
Thanx a lot,
Well I want to buy an ASP component named ChartDirector

The site is *www.advsofteng.com/purchase.html

Buying a license after downloading the demo is good idea, but what if they dont provide any such facility ( First purchase and then get delivary)

I have no prior experience in buying software from outside India.

hikapil

Journeyman
Every product has a trial version.

Coz, no one will go to buy before using.

So first use trial, and if you like that, purcahse it.

Serial key is the only difference between Trial And full Purchased Version. :idea:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Check the download section of the site you provided. :D But looks all right to me, I've bought a bit of software online and I've never had any bad experiences at all. Usually, all you get is an e-mail confirming your purchase and an activation code or a username/password and a link to a secure site where you have to enter the username/passwd to download the full version of the program. Some sites MAY offer the software on CD for either free or for a minimal cost to cover S&H. Just make sure you contact the sales department to confirm your purchase and make sure you conduct the transaction on a secure Verisign approved transaction handler.

OP
G

gogaak

Broken In
enoonmai said:
Just make sure you contact the sales department to confirm your purchase and make sure you conduct the transaction on a secure Verisign approved transaction handler.

Cool
That was loads of information and advice...Thanks alot evryone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom