buying Playstation 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey_dude

Journeyman
I was going to buy a nice dvd player for my divx/xvid collection....then i stumbelled upon this tutorial

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56753

Now i am really interested in buying a ps2. my question is, is it worth to buy a ps2 now...as ps3 has released so i think sony will stop support for ps2 ie stop producing games and so on...Also where will get the best deal for ps2 in pune??
I searched on ebay but prices are about 7.6k. Will i get ps2 slim within 7k in pune (of course in grey) ?

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
as suggested on tht thread....i would also like to go for xbox 360 if i as low as 12k....where can i get it in pune ?? Coz i asked one dealer he said modded xbox 360 for 19k !! So can u suggest where can i get xbox 360 in pune at 12k ??

K

krazyfrog

If you go for the 360 don't go for the Core system. Its really bad value for money. Instead go for the premium version which costs about 4k more and includes 20gb harddisk, wireless controller, component cables, and has a headset of XBOX Live gaming, and has a chrome finished cabinet. You get a lot of stuff in those 4k. If you buy the ps2 you don't need to worry about the games. There are hundred of good games already and they keep coming. So you really don't need to worry.

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
xbox 360 premium version is outta my budget.....i am getting ps2 which i think is good value for money just now....But my query is abt the games to be released on ps2 will become less and less. Also can nyone suggest where can i get ps2 in pune at low rate ??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
There is no saying that there will be less upcoming PS2 titles but you can very well thrive on the excellent variety of titles that it had earlier.I'm sure you might have heard many of it.Infact it's extremely good that Sony is highly dedicated on producing even the recent titles for it albeit having released PS3.If you very low on budget then this would be the best choice for the moment.Eventually it would run out of power for running the latter titles which would have more complex details rendering.Don't expect a long life with the titles in future.

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
no no i am expecting around 1.5 - 2 yrs support....I asked a dealer in camp he said ps2 modded will cost me at 7k. Is it right to buy at this price ??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^That is way too much expectation & the price is correct.Out here in Mumbai it still sells for around Rs.7,450 which was the last I kept track of(must have fallen a few hundred bucks here & there).

alekh_khanna

Broken In
i just purchased a PS2 today for 7.2k.. got an extra remote for 200 bucks, 8 MB card for 600 & some ( well, many ) game cds.. there's a huge catalogue of ps2 games out there.. mine is a modded one.. plays DVDs along with Divx etc. with the help of SMS2.. i consider it a nice investment.. its really wonderful.. BUY it !!! u wont regret it !!!!

radonryder

Broken In
I just got maself a ps2..
anyway im off to college next year..
so a ps2 seemd the best option as the ps3s games are very expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom