Buying K810i tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Hii friends.

After a long (& heated) discussion, over N73 ME vs SE K810i, I've finally made up my mind to go ahead with K810i.

The superb cam along with looks is the primary reason behind it.
I am not a symbian fan, so N73 does does not appeal me in that respect.
Besides, I am sure that K810i does not disappoint in the music department too.
Just tell me how is it's battery performance as SE usually disappoints in this field.

Anyways, I'd like to ask what points should I keep in mind while buying the phone.
Like, the latest firmware and etc etc etc ...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Check the manufacturing date. If it's too old, move on and get it in other store. The newer the make is, the less the flaws are and the latest the firmware will be
2) check the content in the box. There will be a list of content specified on the box. Tally it with the contects inside.
3) Get proper warranty card, signed and stamped
4) get a sealed box
5) check if there are any offers available in other stores. Some stores may give bigger memory card. Definitely an advantage.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Thanks, but no one commented about the battery life ...

Also, please confirm me on the music part, in terms of both loudness and quality ...

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
dont know about k810i but k790i has a great battery life lasts around two days with moderate music and videos. k790i is not that loud as w580i but headphone quality with hpm-70 is great

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
K810i has a 1200mAh Li-Po battery. Unless you use it as digicam, you will get 9hr talktime. All in all, damn good battery

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
dont start using the flash too much. the battery nosedives if you click a lot of photos with flash on

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Yes, I can understand that flash consumes a lot of battery.

Now, I feel more relieved about my choice.

The guy at the store really frightened me when he said that k810i has a pathetic battery life and its music quality and loudness is equally poor.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
best of luck for your purchase and do write a review.

well, i know i am very bad at writing reviews.
and perhaps thats y i have never tried it before.

Just 1 more thing guys ...

Please tell me how loud is its music quality ???
Is it comparable with N73 ME ???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I will prefer K810i over N73me. I don't know anythig about N73me's music quality but K810i's audio quality is pretty good and overall, it's much better than N73me.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Sound quality in headphones is better in K810i. As for sound quality in loudspeaker, N73 is better.

Btw in my opinion getting the K790i would be a better idea since it has EDGE. K810i only has 3G which is useless in India.

have u checked it(any of your friend's k810i)?
is keypad ifs comfortable to u?
i think this type of reviews are varied from person to person and you can judge easily until and unless you check with your self
btw best luck for yr new phone

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Disable the 3g & bluetooth.the battery life is fine.Even after playing games & music for abt (6-8 hrs per day),it last at least 1.5 day.Otherwise,a loong time.

I also chose k 810 over N 73 ME coz faster,no hanging,cheaper,better camera(debatable as N 73 is supposed to have a better lens ,but overall k 810 gives a better picture mainly due to the xenon flash & good digital signal processing ability).But N 73 ME has a better speaker & capture video at higher resolution.

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
have u checked it(any of your friend's k810i)?
is keypad ifs comfortable to u?
Well, none of my friends have K810i. But, I have seen the dummy model and I felt pretty comfortable with the keypad.

Anyways, I went to the shop today to get K810i. But, due to strike the shop was closed.
Seems, I've got little more time to think over ...

What do you say guys ??

Please tell me more on the music part. I am only worried about it.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Please tell me more on the music part. I am only worried about it.

With the hpm 62 u get free with k 810 i,the quality is not good.But with hpm 70,there is a considerable increase in sound quality.Compared the sound quality of k 810 & w 800 with hpm 70,but didnt detect any difference.(am not an audiophile)

U can always buy a fake hpm 70 or whatever to get the fastport to 3.5 mm, & then buy a decent earphone to get good quality.(sennheisser cx 300,creative ep 630..)

Regarding the speaker's quality,its not much to talk about.But,then u cant really expect a mobile phone to give a v.good music quality(rivalling the quality with earphone).But N 73 ME seems to be a bit louder.So,dont worry if u want a good camera phone,go for it considering ur budget.Else i would have suggested n 82 if all u want was v.good music quality.(coz it can drive even shure earphones which would cost 5k upwards,not sure whether k 810 can do that).

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Btw in my opinion getting the K790i would be a better idea since it has EDGE. K810i only has 3G which is useless in India.
I was also about to say the same thing......

K810i + HPM70 = Great Camera + Music

All the best for your new phone......:)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@hrithan-isnt it obvious that any phone with a 3.5mm adapter or jack can sport any headphones possiblle..bunk the n73..will be discontinued and any comlaints wont be entertained by nokia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom