buying help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
1=i wanna buy a new hdd of ateast 120-160 gb IDE. i already have a seagte 40 gb 7300rpm and a 20 gb 5400 rpm WD

so will my old 810e mobo support suhc large capacity hdd?

and incase i upgarade my comp to a new pciexp mobo supporting SATA then will the ide drive wok on SATA mobo?

will a new sata hdd work on my ide interface?

and how much does a 160 gb hdd from seagate/hitachi cost?

2= wanna buy a dvd writer for backups.so which and whats cost in
pune? dual side and dual layer
but it depends if i can sell my lite-on 52327s writer cause i have a lg dvdrom too

3= tv tuner internal card with picture in picture, timeshifting, live pausing and fm radio with good quality. which togo for?plz tell me which is the best internal tv tuner card

4= a pci graphics card second hand

mav3r1ck

Broken In
Dear GUNSHOTSILENCE,
there's no 7300 rpm HDD, it's always 7200 rpm HDD. don't waste money on buying a new HDD. get urself a new mobo and a processor. :lol: the reasons being u have an 810e so i think either u have an intel P-III processor or a celeron one. on the question of whether ur 810e mobo supporting the large sized HDD, even if it did there won't be any performance boost in the way u transfer ur data, since ur CPU and MOBO are the bottlenecks. next, if u are buying a PCI-E mobo + processor, why do u want to opt for an PATA HDD. go for a SATA HDD. yes your existing PATA HDD will work on the new mobo provided it has an IDE interface connector. It (the new mobo) certainly would be having an IDE interface so that u can connect ur CD/DVD drives, u would have to unplug the CD/DVD drives and then connect ur existing PATA drives to these and then transfer the data to the SATA drives. NO a SATA drive will never work on an IDE interface. the cables are way too different. check out *deltapage.com/ for the HDD, DVD/CD ROM prices. should give u a rough idea. I have a Pinnacle Pro internal PCTV tuner card, been using it since two years now. very nice card. the newer models should have all the features u mentioned. but dude a PCI graphics card won't work on your 810e. i doubt it even has an AGP slot leave alone a PCI. dude i suggest u upgrade ur PC if u wanna play the latest games. i hope all ur queries are answered. :wink:

cha.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
NO arugements on wht mav3r1ck told...
810 is too old to be used inthis generation...
good job mav3r1ck

mav3r1ck

Broken In
ymhatre said:
NO arugements on wht mav3r1ck told...
810 is too old to be used inthis generation...
good job mav3r1ck

gracias ymhatre :) i'm flattered. :wink: i am all for this.
BTW me too a true blue chelsea fan. :lol:
GO GO CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!

OP
G

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
i doubt it even has an AGP slot leave alone a PCI. dude i suggest u upgrade ur PC if u wanna play the latest games. i hope all ur queries are answered

i said pci slot and not a pci e
all mobos have pci slots. and there r pci gpu still available on ebay.in

there's no 7300 rpm HDD, it's always 7200 rpm HDD. don't waste money on buying a new HDD. get urself a new mobo and a processor. the reasons being u have an 810e so i think either u have an intel P-III processor or a celeron one. on the question of whether ur 810e mobo supporting the large sized HDD, even if it did there won't be any performance boost in the way u transfer ur data, since ur CPU and MOBO are the bottlenecks. next, if u are buying a PCI-E mobo + processor, why do u want to opt for an PATA HDD. go for a SATA HDD. yes your existing PATA HDD will work on the new mobo provided it has an IDE interface connector. It (the new mobo) certainly would be having an IDE interface so that u can connect ur CD/DVD drives, u would have to unplug the CD/DVD drives and then connect ur existing PATA drives to these and then transfer the data to the SATA drives. NO a SATA drive will never work on an IDE interface. the cables are way too different. check out *deltapage.com/ for the HDD, DVD/CD ROM prices. s

7300 was a typo. its 7200
thanks for ur reply as i was thinking the same that an ide hdd wont work well with a sata mobo and cause bottlenecks

but i dont want any performance upgrades right now. if it works well like my 7200 rpm drive then well and good.

will a new sata hdd work on an ide only supporting 810e mobo?

that way i can buya sata hdd. and use it on new comp when it comes

actually the reason is that i have 6000/- for upgarde and even if i sell my 8mnths old liteon cd writer for some 1200

i will have 7200/-

and i want to buy a 160 gb hdd, dvdwriter(massive backups) and a tv tuner

so cud u help me as a tv tuner recording will use lots of space on my hdd.

and right now of the 5 partiions (2 hdds=sgt 40 gb 7200rm =2 partitions and WD 5400 20 gb hdd =3 partions)

freespace
c:(windows xp)= 3.12 off 8.93(on SGT)
d:(temp storage for net dLs)=2.74 off 2.92(on WD)
e:(games, warez+songs)= 2.36 off 28.3(on SGT)
f:(complete e: backup-games)326 mb off 9.76 gb(on WD)
g:(mandriva linux)= no usable in windows

much much space will a tv recordig of 30 mins take in 1024*768 reso?

i thnik a dvdwriter and a tv tuner will be better

mav3r1ck

Broken In
Dear GUNSHOTSILENCE,
a typical bollywood song capture :lol: of about 5 min takes about 35 MB in MPEG format. so by this calculation 30 min of capturing should take about 210 MB (+ - 10%) approx. usually the default directory in which the capture is stored is the one in which u have installed the TV tuner drivers, but u can always change the directory and folders to your own needs and where there is space in the HDD. HAPPY CAPTURING.

cha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom