Buying Computer Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

navino87

In the zone
I want some help in buying computer components. Please help me.

Processor :

1. How to find whether the processor bought was Venice core? Will it be written on it?
2. Is there any other thing that is to be noticed when buying a processor?

Ram :

1. What is that something written after ram model name like Hynix 512 MB DDR 400 MHz (3300). What is that “(3300) “?
2. Is there any other thing that is to be noticed when buying a processor?

Also tell me what are the other things that is to be noticed while buying other components.

My config is :

AMD Athlon 64 3200+( 939 ) Venice core
ASUS A8N-E
BIG geforce 6600 256 mb (non GT )
Hynix 512 MB DDR 400 MHz
Seagate 80 gb Sata hdd
Samsung SyncMaster 793s (black)
Benq 1640 DVD-Writer 16x drive (black)
Sony Floppy Drive
Logitech Multimedia K.B + Opt.M Combo
Cabinet SONATA- I With True Power 380 W

Thanks in advance.

mangemayur

Journeyman
No idea abt AMD, but for the RAM.. go through
*www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040119/index-01.html

2700 3200 3300 are the bandwidth of that RAM module..
3300 is 3.3GB/s if i m not wrong

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
AMD 3000+ venice core manufacturer part no. is ADA3000BPBOX, if I am not wrong. It should be written on the processor box. That is the verification for Venice core.

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
I had a look on AMD website. Under 3200 i found some four 3200 processors. What is this ?

The link is :
*www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/S...200DIK4BI&opn=ADA3200DAA4BP&opn=ADA3200DAA4BW

Tell me Which one among this four is best. Also tell me What is ment bt the term "Stepping" mentioned over there.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
digitized said:
AMD 3000+ venice core manufacturer part no. is ADA3000BPBOX, if I am not wrong. It should be written on the processor box. That is the verification for Venice core.

this is absolutely correct. also if u wanna confirm again then use a s/w like cpu-z which will tell u what core the procc is but that will only after u have installed it :)

and regarding the different models of 3200+ that u saw well they are all different cores of the same processor with new revisions/stepping which enhance them further. if u see under stepping there is E3 and E6 written. E3 makes it the venice core and had a tweaked memory controller as well as supported SSE3. E6 is for San Diego i suppose which is the latest. see E6 has been further improved to reach a max temp of 65C. there maybe some more changes in San Diego but i dont know all exactly. Wait for Kniwor to reply he is an AMD expert.

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
San Diego

Please check this link *www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/S...200DIK4BI&opn=ADA3200DAA4BP&opn=ADA3200DAA4BW
I this Stepping E6 is San Diego.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
ya E6 stepping is SAN DIEGO .. so its available for the 3200+ as well but i think its rare n new.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
navino87 said:
Is there any way to find whether the 2*512mb 400hhz ram is working in dual channal config?

Download CPU-Z (google for it) and execute it. It will give u all the details about your RAM and Processor.

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Hitachi

Can i get Hitachi sata II harddisk instead of segate sata I hard disk?

Which one is the best hitachi or segate?

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Hitachi hard disks do give better performance than seagate disks though i am not sure which of thm provide bettr aftr sale service.U can go in for hitachi 250 GB SATA II it gives gud performance and low cost/GB.costs aroung 7K though!

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
urgent

Please tell me whether asus A8n-E mobo support sata II hard disk.

I have planned to get Hitachi 80 gb sata II harddisk instead of segate 80gb sata hadrdisk. Will it give a good performance?

Please reply me as soon as possible. Its Urgent.......

hummer

Journeyman
ya asus a8ne supports sata2. btw sata 2 is backward compatible so even if it did nt support no probs. but it does supports

Crazy_Eddy

Broken In
You can recognise the Venice core by looking at the Heatspreader on the processor - look for the ending DAA4BP for E3 Venice or DAA4BW for the E6 Venice . The heatspreader is easily visible through the AMD Processor box window. Have attached a pic for you to understand what I mean:
*img482.imageshack.us/img482/1883/venice7xm.th.jpg

San-Diego is the E4 stepping. It exists on the 3700+ and 4000+ models. You dont get it in the lower end 3000+/3200+ models.
E6 stepping is just an enhanced/tweaked version of the E3 core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom