Buying a pen-drive !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy_n

Broken In
hi techies out there,
I'm using WinXp wid 384 MBRAM n P-IV ..2.4 GHz processor on an 845 M.board.
I wish to buy a pen drive (arnd 1 GB)
Pls suggest the best pieces n the rates shud b a bit reasonable.

Thanks in advance !!
Bless ya:)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Transcend is the best! I recently took 2 Transcend 1GB JF 168 for Rs. 1250. Its a high speed one.

Transcend T30 will be available for cheap but its a low speed one.

Check out www.transcendusa.com for more details on available models. :)

mihirvashist

Journeyman
if u ask me kingston drives are the best...but then 1 GB drive is not cheap...their speed is gr8...however if u want to go cheap go with transcend...they have some very good models......

tuxfan

Technomancer
ravi_pintu2001@yahoo.com said:
My vote goes to transcend.They cm with lifetime warrenty...

Lifetime means till the serial number written on the body of the pen-drive is not erased :( So be careful about it.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
tuxfan said:
Transcend is the best! I recently took 2 Transcend 1GB JF 168 for Rs. 1250. Its a high speed one.

Transcend T30 will be available for cheap but its a low speed one.

Check out www.transcendusa.com for more details on available models. :)

ya its true... transend is awasom atleast at that price.. i too use one of 512mb.. but what if it gets damage or some problem.. shop keeper says they will change.. but still now has anybody changed.. they are not having any store or office in india(my dealer said).. so what next..

I opt for iball. Took a 1 gb 6 months ago. The product is the smallest pendrive i ever seen but not so hardy and strong.. but u know, if u have any problem in there product take it to any of there office and they give a new one back in 5 min. I like the way they do that without asking any question..

link to the pic of the pendrive.. *www.cyberindian.net/wp-content/uploads/iball-usb-pen-drive.gif
and u want to know the price.. 1GB in bangalore SP road at Primer Shop i asked today and the said 900 for 1gb with 2 yrs warrenty

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
tuxfan said:
Lifetime means till the serial number written on the body of the pen-drive is not erased :( So be careful about it.
Yaa u r correct.I read this in the manual.Anyway thanx for the info tuxfan.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Wow, i bought a jetflash 1 gb yesterday. Was worried whether it will work ok and if it would be reliable. This thread put my fears to rest. but @the.kaushik, could you find out about any dealer in india in case my drive goes kaput?

tuxfan

Technomancer
At least here in Mumbai, the dealer provides a warranty max for 2 years. After that, we have to go directly to manufacturer. Now I really don't know where the manufacturer is. Indian address is not mentioned anywhere :(

But I will worry about it after 1 year and 10 months ;)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
the one i bought was 1250 rs for 1 gb transcend jetflash v30. The dealer said that lifetime validity is from the company and not from him.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Here in Mumbai, V30 is available for 1050 with 2 yrs warranty from the dealer and the rest from manufacturer.

For 1250, we can get JF 168 1GB which is high speed ;)

I think the prices in chennai are still lower and Qwerty will gladly point out :))

nikhil ramteke

s,b+..u cn..
ax3 said:
whots the cost 4 1GB pen drive ?
i purchased of transcend-1 gb,in first shop it was of 1400,in second one it was of 1000,and in third one it was of 950,very funny it is:D :D :D ....ask as many sellers as u can then try for minimum one,the product will same everywhere...
I wish to buy a pen drive (arnd 1 GB)
Pls suggest the best pieces n the rates shud b a bit reasonable.

Thanks in advance !!
Bless ya:)
--hi,i hav been working with transcend 1gb,and not yet got any problem,it has lifetime warrenty,not so much expensive,...again of twin mos is also possessing the same conditions......but the peoples has attenuation towards transcend only.........bye take care..........

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
Has any body used the iBALL 2GB Flash Drive. This month in the flash drive shootout, DIGIT said that it has a poor build quality. I would like to know how the build quality of the dive would affect my usage of the drve (don't plan to play FootBall with it). Is it advicble to purchase this drive since it is being sold at such a low price and also seems to have a high speed.

PS: I noticed that on the paramter of Sturdiness of overall package both the Corsair Voyager, whic won the shootout and the iBall flash drive, were awarded 6 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom