khandu

In the zone
Ok Ppl

Time for me to buy a new Rig in 2 weeks

Now I just need the Cabinet part.. I have monitor/Hard Disk

BUDGET : Rs. 35,000 /-

Now My mind is fixed on some things

1) Creative 5200 Inspire : Rs. 5000
2) Creavive Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card : Rs. 6200 ( Will this work on new motherboards ?? )
3) DVD Writer ( Suggest Company and Model No. ) : Rs. 4600
4) CD-Writer ( Suggest Company and Model No. ) : Rs. 1500
5) 512 MB DDR ( already have 1.. so it will make 1 GB ) : Rs. 2800

That totals to Rs. 20100

So I am left with Rs. 15000 approx

What I need in this cash is

1) CPU
2) Motherboard
3) Cabinet

Every1 here likes AMD so I will go for that too..

I already have a Club 3D 9600 Radeon which I am willing so sell ( some1 suggested me to go for new technology )

I can get reserve cash of about Rs. 10,000 ( if needed in extreme cases ), then i will have Rs. 25,000 for the three products ( i do not want to go that far but if needed.. )

As u will see I wont have cash for a PCIe GPU so i hope the motherboard u ppl suggest me will have a good onboard card ..

So all hardware junkies.. get started and build me a rig..

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
You can save 1500 bucks

hi buddy,

a dvd writer can burn cds as well, so you dont need a separate cd writer.....you can save 1500 bucks right away if you want to...

regs

rajiv

rohanbee

Padawan
Lucky you...........i envy people who get to buy a new computer (even though i assembled mine just a few months back)

I think your audigy will work with any new motherboard. Infact i think you might not need it all.

I think a decent mobo and chipset combo (intel) would be around the 12-13k figure so you have a neat 2k to spend on the cabinet unless you wanna go in for the likes of Antec.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Re: You can save 1500 bucks

rajivnedungadi said:
hi buddy,

a dvd writer can burn cds as well, so you dont need a separate cd writer.....you can save 1500 bucks right away if you want to...

regs

rajiv

ofcourse i konw that :roll:

but i need two drives.. and i would prefer a CD writer instead of a Cdrom

godzi_85

In the zone
hmmm dvd writer get an lg dvd writer... one of my friend`s has is and it hasn`t given any problems as yet...

lg dvd qriter - 4000(white) 4100 (black)
cd rw get a liteon/sony both are pretty good...
cd rw - 1500

512 transcend will cost you 2200
and hynix - 2000

creatvie inspire for 4800

cabinet .. hmm... the solution series from antec cost around 3k. just chk it out if your interested..

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@khandu- BUDGET 15000 for mobo+proc+cabinet
PRoc-AMD 64bit 3000+/3200+-> 7500 approx.
MOBO-(onboard graphics)-> MSI RS480 (6500 approx)
cabinet-1000 any of ur choice
That should be it in ur budget. but 1more point if ur going for amd u got to have a higher power supply say 400, so do u have one? else more money will be needed to buy that one.:)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
this means that the config that you are going is not suitable for gaming.

you are not even taking an external graphic card

amd 3000 winnie may be for abt 7.5k though 3200 winnie is abt 9.5+-,i bought for 9250 though

don't take msi rs 480,take a decent mobo ,why not 754 with decent graphic card

also,cabinet without psu will come for 800-1200,up or down,inclusive of fans you should find 800 or up if not lower

shaunak

Tux Fan
if u buy a intel 915 mobo u wont need that sound card. neways it works on all systems.

congo btw on ur new system

D

Deleted member 5901

akshayt said:
this means that the config that you are going is not suitable for gaming.

you are not even taking an external graphic card

amd 3000 winnie may be for abt 7.5k though 3200 winnie is abt 9.5+-,i bought for 9250 though

don't take msi rs 480,take a decent mobo ,why not 754 with decent graphic card

also,cabinet without psu will come for 800-1200,up or down,inclusive of fans you should find 800 or up if not lower

make up ur mind dude!!!

ur for 754 pin in mid ranged sys or 939 pin??????? :?

ur confused dude !!!!

Guys this is wat akshayt has to say in this thread (AMD ATHLON 64 bit)!!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=187246#187246
THEN u might b able to make a descision !!!!!!!

cheers
TAKE CARE

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
So if i buy a new board with 5.1 sound support then i can save cash on the audigy ZS right ?? which mobo + Processor u ppl suggest for around 20K

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
oh.. i forgot to ask..

Is the quality of integrated card 7.1 good enough ?? and which mobo has it.. plz mention the model no ... Also i hope it has a good inbuilt graphics card cause i wont have cash for a new card.. if u ppl are suggesting a PCIe mobo..

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I don't know about other mobo's, but the integrated sound in the nForce4 Ultra is really good. The nForce4 itself is one of the best mobo's for socket 939 proccy's. It has pretty much every feature you could want. These boards use the Realtek ALC850 sound chip which is miles ahead of the AC 97 chip used is most mobo's. Get one. You won't be disappointed.

Your budget for mobo+proccy is 20,000. An Athlon 3000+ 939 and a nForce4 Ultra mobo will come for much less than that.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Do u ppl mean

ASUS
A8N-E
or
A8N SLI

or something else like MSI / Gigabyte?? which 1 u ppl suggest.. ?? hows the inbuilt graphics/sound???

some1 tell me expected price of 3000+ AMD and the mobo prices..

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Yes. Asus A8N-E is the right one. The A8N SLI is the same mobo but with SLI. You can buy any nForce4 Ultra mobo. They are all pretty much the same. But Asus, MSI and Gigabye have better availability than other companies.

These mobo's have better integrated sound than most other mobo's, but no integrated graphics. If you want integrated graphics for a socket 939 proccy, the ATI RS480 is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom