Buying A New PC of 55 Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.
hiii everyone
this is my first post new to this forum.need help buying a new system.
Plz tell me what best i can get for 55 grands.basically i will be using it for 50%games,30%movies and as tv,20% surfing.dont know why but most of the people r AMD fan here but i m not and even dont have much idea about AMD,so i prefer P4.
PLZ PLZ PLZ tell me as soon as u can i will be glad.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
if u r an intel fan like me i suggest u wait up for around 2-3 weeks and let the intel dual core processors become readily available... then build ur system using one of those. it will be gr8 and future proof. right now the best u can go for an intel platform is ...

Intel P4 3.0 Ghz LGA-775 - around 8,500/-

ASUS P5 GD1 (915 P) - around 7,000/-

XFX/LEADTEK/GAINWARD 6600 GT 128 MB PCI-E - around 11,000/-

256*2 512 Mb DDR 400 MHZ RAM Kingson/Corsair - around 3300/-
use them in dual channel

160 Gb Seagate SATA NCQ - around 4,000/-
alternatively buy 2*80 gb sata n.cq's and set them up in RAID

Antec 400W Smart Power - around 3,200/-

Any Good Cabinet - 1300/-
make sure its well ventilated with extra fans.

Microsoft KB/Optical mouse - 1600/-

Altec Lansing VS3151 R (5.1)- around 6,000/-

Asus E616 DVD ROM - around 1600/-

Liteon CD-RW - around 1400/-

17" Samsung MB2 CRT - around 8,000/-

600 VA UPS Numeric - 2,050/-
APC is more expensive and priced around 3,000/-

total around 59,000 /- but u can adjust things according to your needs .. such as hdd can be 80 gb and speakers u can go for creative 5200 . all upto u . i dint choose the 925xe chipset as it would be more expensive and ddr2 would add up to the cost.

go for an amd machine if u value for money as well as perfomance in games. ill post an amd config also if u want.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
i bought these parts for 63444 i think
just change ram as this has compatibility issue

also take amd 64 as of now

also,try to sqeeze in a 6800gt or x800xl

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@akshayt
do u buy every single h/w available man ? i remember jst a few days bak u had bought an amd 64 939 with asus a8n-e .. now u bought this also ?? .. plz give detailed pricing accordig u. also which ram has compatibility probs ? .. ur corsair had some problem doesnt mean all the corsair ram in the world is problematic. plzzzzz post details. and the 6600 is not bad either , previously u were hell bent on everyone buying a 6600 gt now u want them to go for nothing but a 6800 or x800xl ... whts ur problem ? he wants a pc only for 50% gaming ... he wants it for movies as well .. if u want to squeeze in a x800xl or 6800 gt u need atleast around 8 k more ... where r u gonna adjust it .. plz lemme knw. and plz post an intel config and not an amd one. as he clearly said he prefers intel. thanx.

OP
D

diabolic_saint

Broken In
thanx@mohit
i think 6600gt well be enough for me as it fits into my budget and i have heard that this card performs very well.mohit i dont think i will be taking a AMD as i am a intel fan,i just love it and have a very good experience but still if you can tell me the AMD system of my budget it will be great.pentium d will be very expensive with ddr2 ram.the one you have suggested above is already exceeding my budget but i think some how i will manage that but pentium d will be way beyond my reach.the motherboard you have told dat asus one i have seen it and didnt like the colour.can u plz tell me any other with same feature or may be better if possible?
and as you are using it can u please tell me about the performance?and what u think i m doing the rite thing going for a p4 instead of AMD?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@diabolic_saint
if u ask me ..well i am also an intel fan and the config i made for u is quite good buddy dats y obody has objected till now ... u will be able to play all the latest games at good settings ...and stop fussing over the color of the motherboard ... it has to be inside ur cabinet yaar... it is a good board and i suggest u dont change it just for its color ...and my intel system is working very fine without issues and i am satisified with its perfomance.. i am just saving up for a grafix card dats it. happy computing !!!

OP
D

diabolic_saint

Broken In
thanx a ton
Mohit wat if i go for a 925 chipset?and what is the difference between 915 and 925 except the ddr2 issue.is there much differense in the performance between the 2?i think when i m goin a pc for almost 60grands then i should go for the best which i can get.and also tell me how much it will cost me (925) with max price,which is the best brand for 925 chipset with model.and if u can give sum other details den plz do tell me.thanx in advance...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the 925xe chipset will surely be better ... it offers support for processors having 1000mhz fsb .. go for the ASUS P5AD2-E-PREMIUM ... i dont know the exact price but it shud be around 7-8k. and if u want to get an even better board then go for a intel 955 chipset based board which will be around 10k .. it will support the dual cores and have sata 2 support also. the only issue is the price of ddr2 memory which is around 6500 for 512 mb 533 mhz.

OP
D

diabolic_saint

Broken In
ok so your sure that 955 chipset from asus or any other gud company will not be more then 10thou and suggest company with model?and u mean that i can use both the proc the one which u are using and pentium d too in this 955 chipset not at the same time but if price comes down and i want to go for P-d then i can use the same mob?and one more thing u said this model has a SATA2 but tell me will Normal sata i mean sata1 is going to work or not?how much sata2 is going to cost me?what is the diff between the 2?which companies ddr2 ram is good and how much diff will be there in the price between 533mhz and 667mhz DDR2 ram?which one is better 955 or 945 chipset?i feel 945 mite be better as it has been launged later then 955,price of the both mob and is 945 available in the market now? plzzz tell all this in detail mohit i know i am really troubling you a lot but if you can then plzz.....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
955 and 945 based boards are still not available in india... it will take some time around 2-3 weeks i suppose. for the motherboard models plz visit www.asus.com and check their motherboards section. actually its difficult to provide any pricig as of now , i suggest u wait. and also not all models mentioned on the website come to india , so cant tell u which board to buy exactly. just wait for some time if its not urgent.

sata 2 is backward compatible with sata and offers faster speed but sata 2 discs are also not yet available in india. so i cant help u there either. if u wait for sometime u will surely get them also.

and ya u can use the current pentium 4 lga-775 based procc on the 955/945 board and when the prices of dual core fall , u can replace ur proc with the dual core procc.

ddr2 ram is expensive and u will get it frm kingston,corsair,zion. zion shud be much more cheaper than the other two brands. i dont have the pricing of 667 mhz ddr2 ram but i think it will be really expensive. ddr2 533mhz 512 mb costs around 6,500/-

and one final advice , if u need a real good system i suggest u wait for a month atleast and let all the new stuff come to india. u can buy it if its in ur budget else go for the current config which will also become cheaper then. so jst keep in touch wid ur dealer.

OP
D

diabolic_saint

Broken In
@mohit
hi mohit now do u hav any latest news about 955,945 mobo or dual core proc?wat about ram ddr2?how much it will cost me?which brand will be gud in performance at the same time not very expensive?how much it will cost me i mean the whole system?if not exact then atleast sum wat approx?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
got the quote from corsair today for ddr2 ,

1. Corsair VS512MB533D2 - DDR2 533 MHZ - 1*512MB Rs.3,700/-
CAS LATENCY 4 , UNBUFFERED

2. Corsair VS512MB667D2 - 1*512 MB - Rs.4,600/-
DDR2, 667 MHz , Unbuffered, CASL 5

Prices of other stuff i have already given before. Also the Asus 955/945 boards shud cost around 10-11 k (approx)

D

Deleted member 5901

Hey i AM (THE BEST FAN !!!) GO in for AMD64 IS THE BEST right NOW !!! AND intel Doent even stand a chance !!!! And The bst PART IS THE pRICING !!!
i BOUgHt mY SELF AN AMD64 bOARD AND pRoCESSOR at the price of an INTEL MOthr Board !!!!

Cheers !!!!

D

Deleted member 5901

akshayt said:
i bought these parts for 63444 i think
just change ram as this has compatibility issue

also take amd 64 as of now

also,try to sqeeze in a 6800gt or x800xl

BTW akshayt is the biggest LIAR on this FORUM that i Have COME ACROSS !! SO DONT BELIEVE A WORD HE SAYS !!!

Cheers !!! :wink: :!:

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i m surprised mohit. instead of advising to buy a cdrw and a dvd rom rom for 3000 rs why didnt u advise him to for a dvd rw for just 500 rs more ?

kukasa

Broken In
@mariner
I have a samsung dvd writer as well as liteon cdrw. In the dvd rw, cd s dont read or write that well. Besides if u wanna write cd/dvd for players(with tv sets) then cd is better choice as I didnt come across a dvd rw that can write DVD video

D

Deleted member 5901

mariner said:
i m surprised mohit. instead of advising to buy a cdrw and a dvd rom rom for 3000 rs why didnt u advise him to for a dvd rw for just 500 rs more ?

Hey Ur Right But If im not mistaken A GOOD QUALITY DVD rw -/+ Like a Sony still costs 4750/- SO is'nt it better 2 buya dvd rom drv and a Cd rw ?????

Cheers !!! :wink: :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom