Buying a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragna

Broken In
Hello Guys ( Sorry I am new Here Please Bear With Me )

I am thinking of buying a laptop from America and i think i have some configurations which accepts my taste.I wanted a Intel Processor with HT more than 3.4Ghz, 512DDR Ram, 17 inch LCD panel, 40Gb Hard disk, a double layer support dvd writer, 256Mb Graphics Card, 56k modem, LAN Card, and all other specifications of a laptop usually which is accustomed.

I also wanted to know that is there any AMD Processor equal to Intel pentium 4 processor 3.4GHz because if there is i would accept the AMD procesor compared to Intel.

I also wanted to ask that if there is ant website where can i customize my laptop according to my needs and the configuration i have given u top, i got that from compaq website with a cost of !700$ and i am asking whether it is a good price to spend that much on a laptop and i want a laptop of that configuration.
So please help me guys i am very confused !!!!!!!!!! :?

er.darshan

Broken In
Pragna said:
Hello Guys ( Sorry I am new Here Please Bear With Me )

I am thinking of buying a laptop from America and i think i have some configurations which accepts my taste.I wanted a Intel Processor with HT more than 3.4Ghz, 512DDR Ram, 17 inch LCD panel, 40Gb Hard disk, a double layer support dvd writer, 256Mb Graphics Card, 56k modem, LAN Card, and all other specifications of a laptop usually which is accustomed.

I also wanted to know that is there any AMD Processor equal to Intel pentium 4 processor 3.4GHz because if there is i would accept the AMD procesor compared to Intel.

I also wanted to ask that if there is ant website where can i customize my laptop according to my needs and the configuration i have given u top, i got that from compaq website with a cost of !700$ and i am asking whether it is a good price to spend that much on a laptop and i want a laptop of that configuration.
So please help me guys i am very confused !!!!!!!!!! :?

You an go through a thread on this page with identical name.
if you are buying it frm america then go for Sony vaio or toshiba or dell high ends models . but P4 based lappy wont avail you mobility as they are power hungry

OP
P

Pragna

Broken In
i am sorry

i am sorry that i used the same subject name as i did not find any other and anyways i know that pentium 4 is power hungry but i wanted a laptop with that configuration in mind.I wanted a powerful laptop :oops:

suave_guy

pedal to metal
if u want such a high end laptop configuration then i suggest that u visit alienware US site...they are best for gaming and multimedia....and u've an option to go for intel HT processor instead of centrino...

another viable option is to go for dell inspiron xps Gen2...this particular model comes with nvidia geforce 6800 go ultra with 256 MB of DDR3 video memory... ;)...plus u can customize its config....visit dell US site..

if ur looking for slight value then u can have a look on acer aspire 1804 WSMi....

toshiba high end models are prone to heating so i wont recommend it...

sony vaio is also an efficient laptop brand but then they are overpriced for performance they give....

however i suggest....if u got bucks then go for dell inspiron xps Gen2

and if u want value then acer aspire 1804 WSMi...

ENjoy...

jamifahad

Broken In
Last month i bought toshiba satellite A50.its based on centrino techonolgy.I wud advice u to go for centrino based laptops as they are Wi-Fi enabled wid good security features..they boot up really fast n laptop is quite light weight too..
u cud go for Apples G4 also.Its awesum looking machine...

What exactly would you use this laptop for? Is mobility important? Or are you going to use it primarily on a desk, with the power plugged in? Consider these questions before making a decision.

Dell's offer good customized configs. Inferior design. Squeaky panels, keypads. Below par fit and finish. Sub-standard call centre support (India based :wink:) I owned a Centrino Latitude D600. Dell's are a good option if you're a student with minimal income and need the best price to performance ratio.

Sony's are waaaay overpriced. Excellent design, fit and finish

Toshiba's and IBM's are weak in the graphics department. Good for office apps, and offer excellent and rugged build quality. Expect 4+ years service life with an excellent resale value.

Don't forget NEC's, Gateways, HP's and Fujitsu's. Here's a good place to start your research - *reviews.cnet.com/Notebooks/2001-3121_7-0.html?tag=cnetfd.dir

Keith

rohanbee

Padawan
Wow thats a high end machine........probably like mine to some extent but with the ht processor. There will be over heating of the lappy with these series of processors though.

However dude post your budget first? Its like saying i want a car but in what budget ??

Saying all that let me ad what another member has already said. Mr.Pragna there is another IDENTICAL thread with this same info, Why dont you Re-post your query over there. I'm sure you will get better results over there.

OP
P

Pragna

Broken In
Thank u guys

I am very much overwhelmed with the reviews i got to my topic.I wanted to thank all of u for giving me your idesa.

At first i will check upon the dell laptops as suggested but i thought that in dell websites he forces us to buy more number of softwares which i do not consider it necessary since i usually have everything.

My budget is not a thing as my cousin is bringing it for me freely from America,so i do not think of budget issues as the only thing i want is a good laptop with good configuration.

So as i had given in my configuration i am getting that in compaq x6000 series do u think that is good for purchasing that laptop and it is costing me 1700$ ( Which comes up to 70000 Rs ).

Thank u :D

sumitava_b

In the zone
If price is not a big issue and u want a powerful laptop from US, check out Dell inspiron xps gen2 in dell US site. Really a workhorse that is!!

suave_guy

pedal to metal
and if u believe in fashion and show off then why not alienware....this thing can even turn girl's head arnd ;)

and moreover they are tailor made for gaming and heavy multimedia performance....i strongly suggest that as budget is not an issue here then consider it....

ENjoy...

OP
P

Pragna

Broken In
thanks

I was very pleased with the replies and as i was telling my budget is below something 2000$ as i am getting the compaq laptop configuration for a price 1700$ why should the buget be more than that.

And about the gaming laptop it is very costly and it starts from 2000$ and more and i am not spending more on the laptop since it is very much.

I also wanted to tell that i searched for everywhere on the net where i did not get any best price than the compaq guys are offering me for the configuration i have asked for.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
i am using a Compaq for the past one year now. Though not high on config..........
But excellent machine, no issues so far....

Go for it..........:)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The Dell XPS Gen2 is a great performer but it seems to be out of your budget. You could also try the Inspiron 9300 instead which is a good alternative and will give you great performance for less. I would say go for a Centrino-based system as it heats up less and gives better battery life than a P4 based system. The Compaq seems to be a good buy also.

OP
P

Pragna

Broken In
thanks

thank u for our replies without u gus giving me advice i would not have fallen in to wrong laptops.Thank u once again :D

mamba

In the zone
the 1 i m plannin 2 buy frm canada - XPS GEN2 :D

u can take a look at these , shortlisted them 4 myself -

toshiba satellite m40
acer travelmate 8100 , 8104
cyberpower gamer xplorer x7-9000
cyberpower xplorer s4-6500
hypersonic aviator ex7 , ex5 , mx6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom