Buying a Digital Camera suggestions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I am planning to buy a new digital camera for around 10-12k (can go over). I was thinking about getting a Kodak Z612 camera. It's details are:-
12X optical zoom lens featuring image stabilization
6.1 megapixels
High resolution 2.5 in. (6.4 cm) color display
Digital camera battery and charger included
Simple to use video features
Advanced settings and custom modes
Picture enhancing features
KODAK Color Science Chip

Need your opinion on this one or please suggest some other cam.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ It's good. My dad was gonna buy this one. Unfortunately the piece was not in stock and we got EDIT: kodak P650.

Just check on the kodak site if the model production is discontinued. If it is then you might have repair problems.

Aditya

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
Canon s3is and Sony h2 will suite your requirements, but would be a lot more expensive though. There is large thread in Mobiles section you can check it for the reviews for these cameras.

hailgautam

Youngling
Yes your requirements are such that you will not get anyting below 20K.

Recently I had seen an adv of Canon S3IS where they were giving 4gb sd card + pouch+battery charger etc for around 20k...with warranty (not gray i mean).

and here is the thread i was refer ing to
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46384&highlight=Canon+S3IS

Last edited:
OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

Just an update i finally got a Sony DSC H9 after much thought .. though it cost me 27K but it's totally worth it.

dabster

In the zone
hemant_mathur said:
Just an update i finally got a Sony DSC H9 after much thought .. though it cost me 27K but it's totally worth it.
u can get D-SLR's at this price. But without such huge range lenses 31-464 mm(35 mm equivalent) u have on Sony.
So I think good buy for you!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
hailgautam said:
Yes your requirements are such that you will not get anyting below 20K.

Recently I had seen an adv of Canon S3IS where they were giving 4gb sd card + pouch+battery charger etc for around 20k...with warranty (not gray i mean).

and here is the thread i was refer ing to
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46384&highlight=Canon+S3IS

It is here
*www.jjmehta.com/pricelist/canon_digial_pricing.htm

with two year Canon warranty
Canon Powershot S3IS
(6 Megapixel , 12x Optical Zoom with Image Stabiliser)
FREE 4GB SDHC Card & 4pc NiMH Battery& Charger
FREE Camera Pouch

New Low Price Rs : 19990

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

Can someone give me a usage guide for digi cams. I am using auto mode cause i dont know the use of aperture, shutter speed, iso etc settings. Also how to take pics of a single person in low light without having flash making a big bright spot on the face etc.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ Taking a portrait in dark light is not a very good idea. And, not using flash is even worse. What exactly do you have in your mind?

You can increase the exposure time, but if the object moves even the slightest, then the picture will be ruined.

Still if you want then you can have a go by selecting moderate shutter speed (about 1/60) and high iso rating (go for max) and try. I don't think you will have spectacular results.

Aditya

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ax3 said:
y 6.1 megapixels whereas u can get 8.1mp camera @ 15k ...... just a little more than ur budget bt LATEST 1 ........

checkout sony gallary ..... & its festive season might get discount 2 .....

Megapixel is not all. There are several factors and features. CCD quality, size, processor, optical zoom range, quality of lens, LCD etc. etc.

:D Suppose you get a 13 megapixel point and shoot having a fixed focus lens.

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

aditya.shevade said:
^^ Taking a portrait in dark light is not a very good idea. And, not using flash is even worse. What exactly do you have in your mind?

You can increase the exposure time, but if the object moves even the slightest, then the picture will be ruined.

Still if you want then you can have a go by selecting moderate shutter speed (about 1/60) and high iso rating (go for max) and try. I don't think you will have spectacular results.

Aditya

The room has only a 40w tubelight and looks somewhat dark with shadows. taking portrait pics in that room is a bit of a problem otherwise it's fine. Also how to take pic of a Monitor or TV so that the content is viewable (content currently on the screen).

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ For the photo of a monitor, you will have to match the frequency of the monitor with the frequency of the shutter.

If the monitor frequency is 50Hz (refresh rate), then the shutter speed should be 1/50 (or the exposure time 1/50 seconds).

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I recently bought Canon Powershot S3 12X zoom lens digicam. I am very satisfied with it. It's amazing image stabilization makes videos steady at zoom too. I recommend the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom