Buy XBox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Febians

Broken In
Hey,

Should i buy an XBox 360? Pl reply soon, dad returning from US in a week.
I've heard ppl are having issues with XBox 360 & are already returning it

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
If you haven't bought it already, the chances of getting one are slim. You will be very lucky if your father actually found a console anywhere. In either case, I would advise you to wait. Buying the first batch is never a good idea as all sorts of problems crop up. Wait until the second or third batch comes out - they will have fixed most problems by then.

Swap

Broken In
Ok, this is my first post here! :)

I have never really played on these consoles. But as a general advice as Nemesis said, the first batch turns out to be bad. And it's true that people are complaining against the consoles they've received. I suggest you wait till the PS3 is out cuz it's gonna rock!

shaunak

Tux Fan
Nemesis is correct. look wat happened to the new ipod's.
also youll have to consider the fact the virtually no games for the console will be available here [nope not even pirated].even if the are they will be real xpensive to add to that there are hardly any games being developed neways. wats the pont of haveing the latest console and having to play tetris on it? [happened to many psp owners in india :lol: {one god damn umd cost 3k/-! }]

jay4u

In the zone
Go and buy it dude... but the availability of games for xbox 360 in india is an issue... there are no big problems... they are a tiny fraction which is bound to happen provided they sold out millions of xbox 360.......

Also just take care that the power supply that you get is well ventlated as this removes most of the problems...... and prevents xbox 360 from freezing

Swap

Broken In
boom said:
Just wait for PS3 to come. It's going to be much better than XBOX 360 :)

Hey boom, any idea what might be the cost of PS3? Sorry, I have no idea of how much consoles cost and how good they are though I am a hard core game freak :p but PS3 just seems so attractive!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
hahahaahha! No ways is that gonna happen. Sony head himself mentioned that the PS3 price will be close to 500$ mate. Which is why there was a huge debate on it...lol

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@icecoolz: I remember coming across something a few days back that said that the Sony chief claimed the PS3 would sell for "between $300-400" and will ship with bonus movies and other content. I personally don't see that happening but let's see. Sony might try and take a big financial hit to get sales going.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
@nemesis: Yea I came across that too. However sources are claiming that this is mis-information and so on. The authenticity is under question. Might just be a ploy by Sony lets see. We always know sony's pricing has been on the higher side as compared to others in the market space. Their products demand so. I'll wait and see. I am not ruling out that this might happen. Will be a first in the history of Sony ;) But then hey...thats why "Its a Sony" ;)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, but then one has to figure out that this could also be a marketing ploy. Make sure you hype it as being costly and then launch at the regular, planned price point that's just about or slightly costlier than the competitor's product and people will rush in to buy them. Sony has lied through their teeth and employed guerilla marketing tactics before, so such a decoy wouldn't be out of their line. As for the X360, there are tons of reasons why you shouldn't buy it now, including the number of bugs that are there in the first few batches (you would be cruelly boned if you get it here and run into a problem), the small number of release titles, and even those that are released aren't getting the best of reviews. Not to mention that this is a HD console and you would either require a HDTV or a TV with VGA to get the best graphics. You WANT to be running this at 1080i, no point running it at a miserable 480p. That would be equivalent of running a 7800GTX SLi output on a 5 year old 14" CRT. Dont be an early adopter for any product unless you know what you are getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom