Buy HD 2900xt or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

posiedon

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys....this is my first post out here...i wanted to know whether or not to go ahead and buy Sapphire HD 2900 xt DDR3 512mb card. I have read the sites for its initial reviews...and were not that great...but been hearing that ATI's latest drivers are making the card perform good....do lemme know bout this...

thanks in advance...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
You are just in luck!
Dont buy anything for another 3 months.Microsoft has come up with 10.1 Direct X version of cards and the present ones dont really hold the fort.
However if the need is really urgent, go for 8800GTS based cards, as they are good in the similar range.
But if you are thinking 2900XT in CrossFire mode ( Meaning if you intend to go for 2 of those monsters)
then there is really nothing beating those.
If you can let us know how much are you paying for it , it will be a lot easier to answer.

OP
posiedon

posiedon

well im planning to get just one from US...costing around 400$@newegg.com

have really been thinking to upgrade my pc or to wait...
currently my config is :
amd athlon 1.8ghz
2 gb corsair ram
BFG 6800 gt factory OC
120gd HDD
Thermaltake 450wts PSU

Got couple of people coming from US in a month or so...so was really thinking about this...

also is there anyway i can just upgrade my ram..processer...mobo while using my 6800gt (agp) while later on just upgrade my graphics card by getting a pci express card...this way would just need to swap the cards instead of the whole system...

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
posiedon said:
also is there anyway i can just upgrade my ram..processer...mobo while using my 6800gt (agp) while later on just upgrade my graphics card by getting a pci express card...this way would just need to swap the cards instead of the whole system...

in dat case u mite wan 2 consider buyin a mobo havin both AGP & PCIE slots

OP
posiedon

posiedon

whopps....intel e4300 or higher or maybe amd...open for both...

mmm any gona help me out reg this????? :|

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
AGP+PCIe
Intel
4CoreDual-VSTA

AMD Socket
939Dual-SATA2

u cud go 4 these but den remember dat u will have 1 very-obsolete slot in a very short time

such mobos r not v popular (i seem 2 b contradicting my own post, but dats d truth ;))
no new mobos being released with such dual GPU capabilities

if u wan 2 make ur mobo open 2 d option of future upgrades

u cud go 4 a mobo with IGP+SLI/Crossfire

so till d time u get hold of d card u cud make do with d IGP den wen u get d card u cud use it and den in d future if u decide 2 go 4 dual GPUs u cud make use of ur mobos capapbilities

posiedon said:
thx slugger

u r welcome :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom