burning xvid/divx files

Status
Not open for further replies.

neyo

Broken In
now that i have a dvdrw. i want to know whats the best way to burn xvid/divx files to a cd/dvd so that they can be played back on a xvid compatible stand alone dvd player. shud i burn the files directly to the cd/dvd in the data cd mode or shud i first convert the files to vcd format and then burn. if i convert these files to vcd format will the file size increase?

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
mayanksharma said:
Nothing man! Just and please burn the files. Dont think much. :D :D hehe.

i didn't get u man and whats wit hehehe. u didn't answer my question.

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
TechGuru#1 said:
Buy a DVD-RW & try out every other nethod as u think best.Mayb u can even teach us sumthing!!!

i wud've done that if dvd-rw was cheap like a cd rw. btw i don't have a dvd player but planning to buy one. i've a collection of more than 100 movies and i want them to write it in a way to play em back on dvd player/

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
neyo said:
i wud've done that if dvd-rw was cheap like a cd rw. btw i don't have a dvd player but planning to buy one. i've a collection of more than 100 movies and i want them to write it in a way to play em back on dvd player/

ONE QUESTION>>>
UR query is related to s/w or h/w ???
SO decide the ri8 section???

TechGuru#1

In the zone
AFAIK. price of DVD-RW's r less than 100 movies :p

why, don't you have something to do? why do you waste your time and my time. just answer my question or just don't reply. got it!

btw what a foolish reply "price of DVD-RW's r less than 100 movies"
i didn't buy em. i just downloaded em.

U Dull head,simply can't understand jokes or what?
Look for the :p sign b4 commenting
nuff said for the baachha! :p

Last edited:
OP
N

neyo

Broken In
TechGuru#1 said:
AFAIK. price of DVD-RW's r less than 100 movies :p

why, don't you have something to do? why do you waste your time and my time. just answer my question or just don't reply. got it!

btw what a foolish reply "price of DVD-RW's r less than 100 movies"
i didn't buy em. i just downloaded em.

Kratos

Broken In
First of all you have to make sure that the player on which you want to play these files support which formats. Usually Divx is supported by current players but I doubt about Xvid since it is relatively new.

amit_50005

Right off the assembly line
You can see Divx and Xvid movies by writing them as data DVD disc. These movies can be viewed in any Divx supported DVD players

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
wizrulz said:
ONE QUESTION>>>
UR query is related to s/w or h/w ???
SO decide the ri8 section???

i can post it anywhere becos its a combination or both. but why argue over it. well this forum is here to help people nor argue abt it. got it.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
neyo said:
i can post it anywhere becos its a combination or both. but why argue over it. well this forum is here to help people nor argue abt it. got it.

I am not here to fi8 but i was instead helping u as u would be getting better and more ans in S/w section......

If ur a computer literate ..u would had known that its realated to S/w ...and u would had not argued......
Can u please enlighten me with ur knowledge how its related to h/w.....u said u have dvd writer ..means no question abt h/w and u want a way to burn movies on DVD which can be done by use of s/w and not H/w tweaks..... :p........and next thing search be4 u post..... ;)

By the way ur talking it seems this forum made a mistake having two diff sections as every s/w is used with comp h/w..so both r interalated ...is'nt it??
hmmmmm ya ;) :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It dosen't matter if you burn them in a folder or out of it,the Xvid player will recognise the files instantly.Burning the disc in data mode for DVD's and VCD's is sufficient enough.

if i convert these files to vcd format will the file size increase?
Yes of course.The codec compression from Xvid would be decompressed to Mpeg 1 format which would inflate the size.However if you do this then directly burn the disc in VCD mode using Nero as it dosen't matter if the file is over 700MB but the time must be within 80Min.Else you'll have to overburn the disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom