Burning SMPSs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hi Guys! I am constantly having the problem with SMPS of my computer.
Some months ago the SMPS malfunctioned for the first time:when I pressed Power button,the fans buzzed for fraction of a second and stopped,but still on 15-25 tries,computer started.
Then about 50 days ago,my computer vendor gave me another SMPS which worked well but in a short time burnt out!!!
At present the SMPS which is powering my computer is also borrowed!:-| !
I don't know why the SMPSs are malfunctioning??:confused:??
A few days ago when I checked output of my UPS,it was 190 volt with AC
and 150volt with DC(when electricity supply is not present).Can this be the problem?

satyamy

Alive Again...
the problem is with the electric current
Check whether you have earthing proper or not.........?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
How a UPS outputs DC current? It is supposed to produce AC around 220v nd ur whole PC would be spoilt if DC is given to PC.

Last edited:
OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
aravind_n20 said:
How a UPS outputs DC current? It is supposed to produce AC around 220v nd ur whole PC would be spoilt if DC is given to PC.
Sorry...I meant when electricity supply is not present and UPS is running on its batteries.

Satyamy,the earthing is also proper

hailgautam

Youngling
Is the electric wiring ok, many times the positive and negatives are wired the opposite way, most of the household electrical gadgets work ok, but there computers need correct wiring.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
U have tried different SMPS

have u tried different UPS

try to connect ur current SMPS with another UPS and see results

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
hailgautam said:
Is the electric wiring ok, many times the positive and negatives are wired the opposite way, most of the household electrical gadgets work ok, but there computers need correct wiring.

yeah man,all the wiring is fine.I,ve checked everything else(except trying a different UPS).

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Whether there is a problem with SMPS or other parts or not, one thing is sure, that the UPS is not giving proper output voltage. First of all get it repaired or replaced and then try to find if any other component is defective.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Frist of all you didn't clear how old your system, smps, ups all are branded or not and also didn't disclosed config. Not wise when you ask suggestion for PROBLEM.

Get APC ups and powersafe SMPS (400w/500w) I suggest it for tight Budget condition, but if you have no budget restriction go with high capacity APC UPS and Corsair SMPS.

Always use branded/warranty products (if budget permits), It didn't mean unbranded product didn't perform well but if you get problem with unbranded than there is no choice to Branded (as you use 3 different PSU - think it was cheapo).

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Dear Stick,
My computer is a branded one of Intex and I bought it just 2 years ago(the UPS came with it,it is also branded,of Proview).

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
try removing the ups from the circuit. it cud be the culprit due some squarewave and sinewave probs. or if u hv a cutout in ur house it cud also do that. same prob. i had and was due to the cutout.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Chetan1991 said:
Dear Stick,
My computer is a branded one of Intex
So your System is:

Intex HDD
Intex Mother board
Intex RAM
Intex Cabinet
Intex Graphic card (if any)
Intex Internal/External Modem
Intex Mouse
Intex Keyboard,

No wonder about Problem. Intex is Cheapo and Worst Brand I seen ever.

Last edited:
OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Stick said:
So your System is:

Intex HDD
Intex Mother board
Intex RAM
Intex Cabinet
Intex Graphic card (if any)
Intex Internal/External Modem
Intex Mouse
Intex Keyboard,

No wonder about Problem. Intex is Cheapo and Worst Brand I seen ever.

No Mr. Stick
By Intex Pc I meant the system is sold as Intex PC. Surely the motherboard,HDD,RAM etc are of companies like Intel,Zion,Gigabyte etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom