Burning more than 4.38GB on a DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello everyone,

I'm using Nero Express to burn my DVDs. The maximum size I'm allowed to burn is only 4.38GB. I've a video collection that is about 4.45 or 4.5GB and I would like them to burn onto a single DVD. How can I safely burn them onto a DVD?

i think just try 2 free soft from below link... i successfully made my dvds cotaining divx/xvid movies which works fine on philips dvd player.... just burn at less speed than marked on dvd....

*www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Hmm..even I want to know how to overburn a DVD, just like a CD. Because, the marked data is 4.7 GB, then we must be able to somehow write that much data onto it.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
It depends on the Type of DVD writer u r using!.Even though its Possible Dont Give it a Try as it will arise u with problems.Instead use another DVD for Safety.
To burn Movies bigger than size of the DVDs use DVD shrink.See the Guide Below
*www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Try uLead Disc Creator 3. I am unable to find a download link to it. This proggy is however annoying.

U can download uLead DVD Movie Factory 5 from here *www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/Ulead-DVD-MovieFactory.shtml

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Never try to burn any DVD more than 4.2 GB as this might create copying problems in the future

I made the blunder of burning my mp3 DVD Collection like this and now only one of them is copying out of 5

But I am able to play every one of them, no able to recover with any of the file recovery software

So, just don't say I didn't warn you :)

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
techtronic said:
Never try to burn any DVD more than 4.2 GB as this might create copying problems in the future

I made the blunder of burning my mp3 DVD Collection like this and now only one of them is copying out of 5

But I am able to play every one of them, no able to recover with any of the file recovery software

So, just don't say I didn't warn you :)
Ok. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll burn them onto two separate media now.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
techtronic said:

So, just don't say I didn't warn you
So thats copy protected disc. However I normally burn 4450-4480MB on my dvds and I can easily copy them. Might be the speed alongwith the size creates problem. I burn dvds at the slowest speed. 2x

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Although overburning can be achieved without much sweat but it is not recommended for movies/video.

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
Why overburn????????????
i bought a local DVD named FirstChoice with 4.7 GB space
i have burnt it upto 4.5 GB with no problems using Nero Ultra Edition
And 137 MB free space is still available..
U can do one thing .........
set the limits of burning(THE green ,Yellow and red size indicators to a higher level
this will stop showing u the warning messa ge
I also burnt 4.89 GB on another disc and its working fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom