Burning 3 Xvid on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

multi

lazy bone
I got my dvd burner recently.

I have 2 CD movie dvd rips of 3 movies. I want to burn them on DVD & watch it on my PC & TV as well. so, here are few questions .

1- how to burn them on DVD ?

2- to burn them , is it needed to convert into .vob file ? ( becoz i want to watch it on TV also )

3- without converting to .vob , how to burn them ?

4- want to know softwares besides Nero to burn this xvid on dvd , like any freeware .

I have Nero OEM & Ulead Movie factory as bundled soft.

as I am still noob in this dvd arena , do reply with as much as you know. :D

theraven

Technomancer
u just want to watch them on pc right ?
then when u create a dvd dont create a movie dvd
create a data dvd
and dump the 3xvid files on them
thats it
if u make a "movie dvd" then ull HAVE to convert to VOB
also u wont be able to fit all 3 movies possibly

Sajeev

Broken In
I have a PHILIPS DVP642K/69 DVD player ,so I just make a data DVD of these XVID and DIVX files and i Watch them on Tv and on PC , but if u are specifically talking of 3ivx files then you have to convert these files to .vob and make a video dvd to watch on TV , this is also required if your dvd player does not support dvix /xvid files. Nero 7 (with DVD plugin) is ideal for this operation.

geekysage

Journeyman
Confusion abound!

@theraven: multi wants the DVD to be playable on his DVD player as well so that he can watch the movies on his tv.

@Sajeev: multi said 3 Xvid file not 3ivx. I can see how you got confused though ;)

Multi, sajeev pretty much answered all your questions. Just burn the XVid files like any other files on a DVD and if your DVD player can play DivX/XVid then you shouldn't have any problems. If the DVD player doesn't support DivX/XVid then sorry, you will have to convert the Xvids back to DVD (.vob) format to make it playable on the DVD basically making it impossible to fit 3 movies on a DVD.

By the way, you may wanna try ratDVD (google it), drgrudge told me about it. Apparently it can compress DVDs to 1.xGB, making it possible to store two or more movies w/ menu and all the stuff in a single disk!

Also visit this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34372

shyam911

Journeyman
geekysage said:
By the way, you may wanna try ratDVD (google it), drgrudge told me about it. Apparently it can compress DVDs to 1.xGB, making it possible to store two or more movies w/ menu and all the stuff in a single disk!

Also visit this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34372

I agree coz i have seen upto 7 movies squeezed into 1 dvd...but i cannot say much about the quality though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom